My new toy.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
... i don't really think you can call a gun a toy? I mean there are kids on this site. We have rifles and my brother actually collects weapons... but he keeps them locked in a weapons safe. I would never call a gun a toy on a web site where kids may read it.

Yes Ashley gun saftey is very important but I do think we all understand what ace1uno_00 ment. No doubt ace1uno_00 is very proud of his new purchase and wants to share with others.

Still a 9mm right? I used to have a Beretta 92FS in stainless steel. Really liked it, but there was only one indoor range here, with odd hours, and I was still in college. Between ammo costs and 1 hour minimum fee at the range, I barely shot 200 rds in the 14 months I owned her.

Now I'm wanting one again, either one of the SIG's (haven't really looked closely at them, but another 9mm) or another Beretta. Probably used, because my wife would beat me down if I dropped $600 on a firearm again.

Speaking of which, care to share how much that ran you? new/used?

When i say toy i mean something i like to "play" with. My tanks are toys and my guns are toys. i take them both seriously.
And certainly take the proper training and practice before actualy ever handing a firearm.

Anyways.

Yeah its a 9mm. It was $485 new. I went to the range today before the rain started. It's so accurate at 50 yrds. I want to get a laser sight for it.

I also want a Ruger p95. Maybe christmas. lol

lol i always forget this is mostly an american dominant site and it struck me as odd that someone would own a gun as a toy. lol in canada pretty much noone owns a gun. i mean i have alot of friends of all different ages and i dont think a single one owns a hand gun. one or 2 of my buddies that live out in the country own riffles but only to take care of unwanted animals. ahh the americans and there guns lol hope u have lots of fun with it. i am a paintball person myself

I should clarify, Nebraska has no carry conceal, period. So I too am more interested in the art of marksmanship, with the added bonus of protecting my home if I should ever be put in such an unlucky position.

But mostly its because I'm a pretty decent shot without any formal training, so I like to take advantage of any skills I was born with :)

$485...hmmm...that Beretta was $545...I thought Glock's were spendy. Maybe I'm visiting the wrong places...but here, Scheel's is the only major retail gun outlet. And only 2 reputable gun/pawn shops.

NY (not NYC) has no carry/conceal without permit. so not just anyone gets to play (it involves required certifications, background checks, etc). I never finished my permit process as the application fee was a bit limiting at the time (i was in college still) so I only have rifles currently. I'll get my permit sometime. Hopefully before my father passes and we have to surrender his pistols because noone in the family has a permit.
:(

anywho.. for any sports person, hobbiest, etc. whatever's involved is considered a toy. Ask a motor head what toys he has and he'll probably go into telling you about his cars or tools he uses to work on them.

it's really just a figure of speech.

Check out Gotglock.com and topglock.com.
Good prices on pistols and accessories.

I put about 600 rounds through it today. First 50 were kinda rough but after that it was so smooth. I was suprised on how fast the recoil action is on it.
I'm not going to lie. I've always been a Ruger guy. But once i shot this glock I was really really impressed.

I prefer the Glock 17 better. Still a 9mm, but has the full size frame. As far as 9mm are concerned, I also like the Sig P238 and the Springfield XD9 (it's like a luxery Glock). I can't make up my mind on whether I want a double action or double action only though; safety vs speed.

As far as personal protection is concerned, I wouldn't go with anything other than a .45. Maybe something smaller if it's loaded with black talons or magsafe's. But the stopping power behind a .45 is impressive and I wouldn't count on a 9mm stopping somebody. Great backup firearms and plinkers though.

If you're putting 600 rounds through it, make sure you clean it real good...

The range I shoot at has a thing going on called "Full Auto Friday". Basically you can rent certain guns that you normally wouldn't be able to get your hands on otherwise. It's expensive, but if you just have to know how an MP-5 feels in burst mode, well....

Let me go on record as saying I am opposed to guns and I find that the statement referring to a gun as a toy offensive. I am not trying to start a debate here or get in to any arguments about the issue. I just want to say that I think there has to be a better forum out there for talking about guns.

Enough said.

greenfish said:
Let me go on record as saying I am opposed to guns and I find that the statement referring to a gun as a toy offensive. I am not trying to start a debate here or get in to any arguments about the issue. I just want to say that I think there has to be a better forum out there for talking about guns.

Enough said.
There's also better forums for being "anti-gun".

I don't think we should stop discussing what we want to discuss based on the grounds that you don't like it. It happens way too often already where one person says "I don't like this." or "I find that offensive." and the rest of the nation has to change for that one person. Enough already.

To think that he was seriously referring to a firearm as a toy instead of seeing that he was referring to a purchase of something he enjoys shows a great lack of insight of language used. Gimme a break...

Whatever. :roll:

To quote the Fishfreek from another thread:
The plain and simple truth is that this is indeed NOT a site to discuss politics, world events, etc. This is a fish site. Those looking for a livly discussion on the current "hot" topic in the news will probably find themselves much more entertained by joining and participating in such a site where that is their focus.

Ok. Not trying to argue about the gun issue. Please just realize that these casual conversations regarding guns are not viewed the same by all irregardless of their intentions.

i think that this is actually a very appropiat forum for a gun chat. that is why it is refered to as the loung. a general area where a wide variety of things are discussed. if the first thing u read was about a glock then u should have just left the post. alot of people are apposed to harry potter but there is a post here talking about the new movie. what if every time u put a post about something that someone else didnt like they decided to reply saying "dont talk about that here". i agree that a gun is not a toy but he never refered to it as a toy in a literal sense. oh and how fast can u empty a clip in your glock? i have never actually fired a hand gun but i have shot a riffle a few times.
ps. if u dont want to start a debate next time just dont post what will eventually start a debate.

Please, this is not the place for a 'guns are bad' or 'guns are our savior' discussion.

I'll lock the thread if anyone continues to post along that vein. The advisors have already discussed this thread and saw no issue with it, provided it didn't become a heated debate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom