Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 08-07-2004, 10:32 PM   #1
AA Team Emeritus
Send a message via AIM to lmw80 Send a message via MSN to lmw80 Send a message via Yahoo to lmw80
My next tattoo - woo-hoo!!

This is what I think I am gonna get for my next tat!! On the small of my back....woo-hoo!!!!

What do you guys think? HONESTY please!

Join the Eastern PA/Greater Philadelphia Forum! Click here: http://www.aquariumadvice.com/groupcp.php?g=7825

Aquariums are like jello - there's always room for more.
Old 08-07-2004, 10:44 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak
Good for you!

I am too much of a chicken to get tattoos but, hey
I think it is cute

I mean, as long as you are not one of those huge-fat girls that insist in wearing very tight lowrise pants and tanktops to show their tattoo, but end up showing a tri-fold patch of skin LOL If so, by all means, PLS don't!! LOL

Old 08-07-2004, 10:57 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via Yahoo to shawmutt
sigh...don't hate me

It depends...did you do it yourself? If it's a design drawn by you or one of your friends, OR it has some significant meaning to you--I'd say awesome. If it's just wall art or something you found in a magazine or in any other media form (like my tattoo :P It's the cover of Dragon Tear by Dean Koontz) I'd say tribal tattoos on the small of the back are too cliche.

~Mike Shaw
Shawmutt.com. Blogs and Pictures of the Massively Multiplayer Offline game, Real Life.
Old 08-07-2004, 10:58 PM   #4
HAHAHA funny bio!! yea its cute my eldest sister has a phenox on her uper back.... it looks bad cause she is one of those tri-fold patch oof skin people ur tat looks like it will look good!
Old 08-07-2004, 11:00 PM   #5
AA Team Emeritus
Looks good - perfect for the small of the back - but, take it from a tattooed woman, be sure the tattoo has MEANING to you and is significant. It will be with you the rest of your life. I got my first tattoo 8 years ago, and my life has changed quite a bit since then, but luckily I was very careful and the first tattoo still has meaning.

My 11-year-old often teases me about how my tattos are going to look when I am in my 70's! Not to pretty, LOL! It is a good thing tattoos are expensive, because they are addictive, believe it or not.
Old 08-07-2004, 11:05 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus
"Next tatoo"?? What is your first one of?

Old 08-07-2004, 11:10 PM   #7
AA Team Emeritus
I like it, but it looks like I've seen it before, people that don't have tats will think it's cool, people that do, and are always looking at tats, will have seen it before, not necessarily a good thing.

Take it to your tattoo artist and show it too him, tell him you want something that is yours, tell him what your favorite things are and see if he can work it into a new design, it's worth the effort and the extra money. I like tribals and cliche (I don't think so) or not, SOB tribals are sexy as hell

Visit Nature Coast Photography
Old 08-07-2004, 11:11 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via AIM to XXFirefighter Send a message via Yahoo to XXFirefighter
Get something orginal !
As soon as I seen it I thought to myself, I bet it's gonna go on the small of her back..

design something youself...
Old 08-07-2004, 11:12 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via Yahoo to quarryshark
Originally Posted by shawmutt
sigh...don't hate me
(like my tattoo :P It's the cover of Dragon Tear by Dean Koontz)
Great book BTW as most of his are.

The design looks great IMO. Go for it!
Old 08-07-2004, 11:48 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict
Even though I agree that it's nice for tattoos to have meaning... things change! Something with profound symbolism pertaining to the present could easily become the opposite years from now.. I don't care if it doesn't have meaning or if it's not original.. it will look **** sexy and you should go for it!

I totally agree with TG about them being addictive.. I've been wanting to get a second one since about an hour after the first LOL. Piercings are the same way.

Don't forget to email me the pics afterwards :P

My wife and I were happy for twenty years. Then we met.
- Rodney Dangerfield.

Click HERE to vote for Aquarium Advice!
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com