my snakes...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

im learning a ton with my 2 beginner snakes. I started with the 2 most common beginner snakes.. a corn snake and a ball python. The corn snake was sold to me as an okeetee corn snake although on some forums i have been told that it is a "bright normal". The ball python is of course just a plain normal ball python but he's fun and a great learning experience none the less. Here are some pics we took yesterday.
(Oh and btw.. the pic with the ball python on my husbands neck.. i TOLD him not to do that 8O :roll: )

anyway enjoy the pics and also if any of you got any suggestions on what my next snake should be or any suggestions would be appreciated. I hate the reptile forums but i like to share my animals with you guys anyway. The corn lives in a 10 gallon with an undertank heater and aspen bedding and the Ball python lives in a 20 gallon long with Undertank heater and heatlight and aspen. when i buy the bigger cage for the ball python the corn will get to move up the the 20.

img_575791_0_c2def0b6478497b9635bd2b0b2ea0515.jpg

img_575791_1_1da9f5b57bd5e513bf9b50013ab2a2f7.jpg

img_575791_2_025657288c4bb6fa09a2060422c34575.jpg

img_575791_3_07f9846e48bfdd077bafe4e3450e00fe.jpg

img_575791_4_a7585ed2f67ba9a6b35dcd48a41e3b4c.jpg

img_575791_5_17384a89202cba0ac5e4113bf1059bfa.jpg

img_575791_6_192d7116b057f90ad529449f9b900ecc.jpg

img_575791_7_9b8318d5ca2cc9ff2113d6e2d96e1c90.jpg

Sweet

I to have a corn snake. my corn is black and white and little over 5ft now. and my cousin has a small ball python.

Oh Ashley I am so jealous! I want a snake so bad but husband is TERRIFIED of them. Saihe will move out. I told him I'll keep that in mind should I ever need it :twisted: The lfs here had a gorgeous King snake for sale,beautiful orange and black snake. The guys at the lfs let me hold him for a bit, LOL my husband walked around the corner and ran across the store! How long have you had them and any ideas on getting him over his intense phobia?

argh.. my sig isn't showing up and im not getting notifications!!! LOL.. don't know what's up.. i knew they were changing some things maybe thats whats going on.

anyway... Zagz... my husband was a bit shy around the snakes at first but not really afraid of them, he just didn't know how to handle them and was always afraid they were going to bite him. They are "his" snakes btw.. lol. I have a friend who is TERRIFIED Of snakes, she won't let me take them out when she is here. I feel like if she would just touch them and realize that they aren't going to hurt her and that they aren't slimy then it'd be ok. Some of my neighbors held my snakes and were kind of afraid at first but most people after handling them realize they are kinda cool. Yeah you are at risk for getting bit but these guys have never bit me (*knock on wood.. lol)

DeFekt- The red one is the corn and the fatter one is the Ball python

both of mine are still so small compared to what their full grown potential is but ive learned a lot with these little guys.. and they are the EASIEST pets you will ever had. At first my husband was like "only 1 snake" then we got the ball python because HE wanted a python. Now everytime we go he's pointing out more snakes he wants to get and he said "these guys are the best pets ever".

I love snakes, those are awesome. Corn Snakes are a favorite of mine, even if they are common. My dad is so scared of snakes that he can't even watch them on television! And he things those guys on animal planet and discover "are just nuts." :roll:

Beautiful animals!

lol... funny how most people have the stereotype that the women are afraid of snakes.

AshleyNicole said:
(Oh and btw.. the pic with the ball python on my husbands neck.. i TOLD him not to do that 8O :roll: )

That classic dilemma: Well, I love my husband a lot, and I don't feel right that he is turning blue, but then again, I don't really want to risk injuring the snake. What to do, what to do...

*Ashley dials 911*

911 operator: What is your emergency?
Ashley: HELP! MY HUSBAND HAS A PYTHON WRAPPED AROUND HIS NECK AND HE CAN'T BREATHE!
911 operator: Okay, stay calm, ma'am. How can you tell he can't breathe?
Ashley: Because he is making a gurgling noise while pointing at his throat, his eyes are bulging out, and he is turning purple!
911 operator: What shade of purple, ma'am?
Ashley: *pauses* What does that have to do with anything?
911 operator: Just curious, ma'am. Anyhoo, can you get the snake off without hurting him?
Ashley: "Him" my husband, or "him" the snake?
911 operator: Your husband, ma'am.
Ashely: Uh...I think so.
911 operator: Okay, carefully remove the snake.
Ashley: *pauses* But...will that hurt the snake?
911 operator: Possibly. Is that a problem?
Ashley: Well, YES! You're asking me to choose between my husband and my snake!
911 operator: I see your point, ma'am. Purple can be nice. Good day. *hangs up*
img_576645_0_30dca08c8b0a12e6776d65b33d3a3cc2.gif

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ROFL LMAO

im laughing so hard im crying.. i read that to my husband and i couildn't even get the words straight i was laughing so hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom