Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 02-14-2005, 11:12 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict
You're nicer then I am.

I sure as heck wouldn't have helped. Do on to others, as they say...No one could be bothered to help you, I would have returned the favor.

30gal; Bala Shark, Pl*co
Old 02-14-2005, 11:40 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice FINatic
You know I had almost the same thing happen to me with my girlfriend's sister a few years ago...no one shows up so i'm stuck lugging furniture **** near by myslef from the third floor of one place to the second floor of another...at least you got pizza out of the deal, you got me beat there. For once, I want to be the one mooching off people instead of the one getting a hernia because I'm a nice guy.

"I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully."
—Saginaw, Mich., Sept. 29, 2000
Old 02-14-2005, 12:14 PM   #13
AA Team Emeritus

Oh no, Lori, I feel terrible for you and Daniel. That saying comes to mind -- "Lack of preparation on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part!"

Even though they didn't help you guys move, I think you can be proud of yourselves for helping them out. A good deed does not go unrecognized! Too bad they won't appreciate it, though.

My cousin had his wedding outside in Florida in July. It was nice but I could not believe how hot it was!

Old 02-14-2005, 12:21 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'll bet more grandmothers have died on days when friends are supposed to help friends move than any other day of the year - and by a wide margin.
We'll be fighting in the streets with our children at our feet, and the morals that they worshipped will be gone.

And the men who spurred us on sit in judgment of all wrong, they decide and the shotgun sings the song.

125 SW
80 lb LR
330w PC
Euphyllia, Alveopora, Pachyclauvularia (Metallic Green and Daisy), Frogspawn, Torch, Gold Nepthea, Kenya Tree, Galaxea, Pulsing Xenia, various leather (umbrella, toadstool, fingers, devil fingers, lettuce)
Maroon Clown/White tip LT anemone, Powder Blue Tang, Female Swallow Angel, SixLine Wrasse, Solar Fairy Wrasse, Firefish, Fathead Anthias, Blue Mandarin, 3 Chromis, 3 Green Gobies
Old 02-14-2005, 01:17 PM   #15
AA Team Emeritus
Funny you should mention this Lori. I believe there is some sort of disease/ailment that strikes people only when an occassion such as "Moving Large/Heavy Object" comes up.

Case in point...my father in law asks if I want to help a friend of his move their entertainment unit. Upon arrival, the unit had not been emptied (36" TV, DVD player, etc.) and tons of photos and tons of knick knacks. The "friend" stated that he assumed "we" would do this. What a nerve! Not to mention that he suddenly had to run out to get something extremely vital and asked if we could start while he was out. 3 hours later, he returned. We had moved everything out of the unit and disassembled it. My father in law told his friend that "something came up" and we left.
Old 02-14-2005, 02:02 PM   #16
AA Team Emeritus
Send a message via AIM to lmw80 Send a message via MSN to lmw80 Send a message via Yahoo to lmw80
oh you dirty rats! well, what goes around, comes around.

Yeah, Laura had to leave for about an hour to do something.

Join the Eastern PA/Greater Philadelphia Forum! Click here: http://www.aquariumadvice.com/groupcp.php?g=7825

Aquariums are like jello - there's always room for more.
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com