Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-14-2005, 08:54 AM   #1
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to lmw80 Send a message via MSN to lmw80 Send a message via Yahoo to lmw80
My Sunday

Ok, well, I don't care much for my brother's fiancee , but they were moving right by daniel and I yesterday, so we offered to help them once they got to PA (moving from NJ). Well, we get a phone call at 10:30 that one of his friends who was supposed to help them couldn't cause his grandmother had passed away - understandable. The other friend (his best friend AND best man) was MIA (and was till 7:30 pm). So, the only people who were there to help were my parents (mind you, when daniel and I moved, his fiancee, him, nor my parents even offered to help us), so would we be able to go over and help? So, Daniel and I get our behinds out of bed and drive to Jersey to help them.

What we find when we get there is proposterous! They are only half packed! My parents had to go out and get more boxes so we could stuff things in them. Half the stuff they had packed were in boxes, the other half....in those new Glad Felixibags! What a disaster! Then, Laura (the fiancee) decides to play damsel in destress and say that she didn't have muscles, so she couldn't really lift anything, and oh, she didn't feel well....my brother is a weakling, so the heavy heavy stuff was done by my father and Daniel as well as the packing of the U-Haul. I carried so much stuff down those 14 steps! Stuff I can't believe I lifted!

When we get to their apartment in PA, a couple of Laura's co-workers who live there came to help and all of a sudden she was like, look at me, I can carry things! And look at me, I feel sooo much better! Well, we all unloaded the truck - and needless to say at 8:00 pm I was happy to leave and NOT happy with my brother or Laura.

Today, it hurts to walk I am so sore!

Whew! Thanks for letting me vent, I feel better!

Aquariums are like jello - there's always room for more.
Old 02-14-2005, 09:10 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

That's so wrong. Sorry Lori, I know what that's like. I have a sister just like that. Try to rest today.

Old 02-14-2005, 09:54 AM   #3
AA Team Emeritus

I hate moving! It is a lot to ask of someone to help, let's face it, and it is a shame that Laura would not make an effort for her own belongings. You and Daniel deserve an award for that! Next time, tell them you can recommend a good moving company. We hired one for our last two moves and it is worth every penny.
Old 02-14-2005, 10:02 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to ReefRaff Send a message via MSN to ReefRaff Send a message via Yahoo to ReefRaff
maybe laura had the two hr flu.
Old 02-14-2005, 10:08 AM   #5
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
You truly did go above and beyond. Everyone whom didnt help you should feel ashamed at this point. Next time though I think you will be busy with something that you just cant get out of. U know like your brothers best friend, best man.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
Old 02-14-2005, 10:30 AM   #6
AA Team Emeritus

Arg... I can't stand it when people ask you to help them move and they aren't even packed when you get there. "I'm sorry, I wasn't expecting to move today."

I have 4 siblings, a couple that have moved numerous times so I know your pain well Lori. Just remember that they owe you the next time you have need of some hard labor!
Old 02-14-2005, 10:44 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to quarryshark
Yikes, go soak in a hot bath! :| Sounds like you deserve it.
I hope they at least take you and Daniel out to dinner.
Old 02-14-2005, 10:48 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyZ
Just remember that they owe you the next time you have need of some hard labor!
First warm day of Spring, invite them over, hand them each a shovel, and tell them where you'd like your 500 gal koi pond.

Kudos to you and DAniel for helping - I hope your brother and his wife do something to show their appreciation for your help.
Old 02-14-2005, 11:14 AM   #9
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to lmw80 Send a message via MSN to lmw80 Send a message via Yahoo to lmw80
they ordered in pizza and thanked us - that was their dinner to us, lol (and everyone else that helped them). Furthermore - their wedding is in July - and it's not close - it's in Florida! So that's plane tickets and travel expenses we have to shell out for their wedding that they just had to have in Florida.

I am limping around work today, lol. My calves hurt the most. And, I forgot my purse at home! I am such a mess!

Aquariums are like jello - there's always room for more.
Old 02-14-2005, 11:31 AM   #10
AA Team Emeritus

Oh my goodness - I am sure they figure it is a nice way for everyone to have a little mini-vacation for their wedding, but that's a long way to go.

When Rick and I got married we lived in S. Florida and had the wedding in VA since most of the family lives up here - I guess we shoulda drug the family down there to us, huh?

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com