Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
View Poll Results: Super Bowl Who will win???
Steelers 17 68.00%
Seahawks 8 32.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-26-2006, 10:19 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice Addict

Hara, Believe it or not...neither am I ...Just the wife. I will watch it if it is on but generally speaking could care less who wins. Nothing but a marketing scam.
Quote:
adultery or alleged adultery
Sadly enough that seems to be the family norm any more

Does that mean I can not say :censor: or :censor: ?

Old 01-26-2006, 10:58 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Well, I don't think the words "49ers" and "playoffs" are likely to be uttered in the same sentence for a long time. And my second favorite Packers were abysmal this year. So I've found myself rooting hard for the Colts for the last couple of seasons. I so thought they could go all the way this year. And I have never liked the Steelers one bit. Add to that the fact that I'm also somewhat of a Broncos fan, and one might think I would be rooting against the Steelers in the big one. Well, they really earned my respect with their victory over Indy, and nailed it down even more last week. And Polomalu is the most fun to watch of any football player in recent memory. So as far as I'm concerned...GO STEELERS!!!

Old 01-26-2006, 11:07 PM   #23
AA Team Emeritus

We think alike, bosk1! Of course I'm a Steelers fan, but I also like the Indy Colts and Denver Broncos very much. These last few weeks were hard on me, football-wise! Troy Polamalu is very fun to watch! He can even fling himself sideways! On the Pgh. radio station I listen to, they're playing a song to the tune of the Muppets' "Manamana" with "Polamalu" sung to it instead!

Old 01-26-2006, 11:17 PM   #24
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to rich311k
My thoughts are the Steelers are on a roll. Playing very good football at level above their heads. The Seahawks have a better team. It will come down to who ever really brings it. I will be rooting for the Steelers my mom was born there, but I think the Seahawks have a better team.
Old 01-26-2006, 11:20 PM   #25
Aquarium Advice FINatic

That's hilarious, An t-iasg! Yeah, Troy is just...you never know what's going to happen with him on the field. I remember reading an interview with Dan Fouts when I was in Jr. High where he said he tried to play every game as if it were his last. At the time, I thought that was a noble way to go about one's job, and I still do. From the Pittsburgh games I have seen, Troy embodies that spirit more than any human being I have ever seen. I cannot count the number of times I have seen him on the ground and completely out of a play, only to get up and run down whoever has the ball to either be in on the tackle, or just a couple of feet away from it.
Old 01-26-2006, 11:22 PM   #26
AA Team Emeritus

Yes, it will be a nail-biter game for sure! What neighborhood is your mom from, Rich?

Old 01-26-2006, 11:26 PM   #27
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to rich311k
Blawnox. Sorry if the spelling is wrong.
Old 01-26-2006, 11:31 PM   #28
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via Yahoo to Melissamustang
I told my father and mother to take an aspirin before the game....I will tell you one thing nail bitting...I jump...bad hip and all. I seen some plays that you say oh we got it then all of a sudden pow big plays all around.

The calls get me. Some are so uncalled for.

Polamalu is such a great player...He is everywhere! I think last game you saw him every play. He is very into it. I do love seeing him pray often through out the game.

I am so excited for this game!

I can not belive the fan base for the Steelers....I love it.

Tell someone how you feel….Make a sweet comment and it will always make you feel good as well!
Old 01-27-2006, 10:24 AM   #29
Aquarium Advice Regular

Send a message via AIM to ChazYork
Bettis is given charity runs! He is over rated...the guys who never get the credit and should is the line that he's run behind for over 80% of his career. Another over rated runningback - Emmitt Smith. You take the leagues worst RB and put them behind the steelers line, the dallas line of old, or the broncos line and you will get a "great" RB
55g reef, 75lbs LR, 60lbs of base rock from hirocks.com, small hippo tang, paired clowns, 3 green chromis, 1 yellowtail damsel, 3 peppermint shrimp, 1 pistol shrimp, various assortment of snails and hermits, polyps, purple ribbon gorgonian, pulsing xenia, yellow button polyps
Old 01-27-2006, 10:29 AM   #30
AA Team Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChazYork
Bettis is given charity runs! He is over rated...
i'm not much of a football fan (or sports fan for that matter) but i happened to watch that last game with him. IMO, anyone who can consistantly FALL for 3 yards deserves some credit for the very specific situations that's useful in.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com