My youngest's big day! ***Pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jchillin

Aquarium Advice Addict
Today my youngest graduates High School. Boy how time flies! That means that as of this day, I no longer have grade school children and my mid-life crisis can now reach the surface and become full-time.

If someone had told me when I was younger (say around 18 years old) that I would have been able to see this day, I would have told them they're nuts. LOL.

This graduation is of a particular note. When the New York City Board of Education (now defunct) wanted to heighten standards, what was then referred to as the Regents were optional. It became mandatory and testing began as early as the 4th grade. My youngest is the first graduating class that was "forced" to take these tests throughout their school careers..

My hats off to all the Graduates of 2005!

Yay!! Congrats to lil'chillin!!!!
As for you Jc, it's time for you to kick back and know you did your job. :D

Fluff said:
Yay!! Congrats to lil'chillin!!!!
As for you Jc, it's time for you to kick back and know you did your job. :D

LOL, lil'chillin....

You cracked me up.

Congrats to both you and your graduate Jchillin! A big day for the whole family!

My oldest graduates grade 8 today, so as you finish the public school race, we begin LOL

Re: My youngest's big day!

Congrats to the graduate!!! :smilecolros:

Jchillin said:
That means that as of this day, I no longer have grade school children and my mid-life crisis can now reach the surface and become full-time!

Does this mean that you and your wife will be 'graduating' to a 90 gal tank anytime soon? :wink: :lol:

Yep congrats to the entire chillin clan. Now that you're soon to be an empty nester, perhaps it's time you started a new brood. :lol: :lol:

That is a big accomplishment Jc for your son, but especially for you. Parents have their hands full now a days with all the distractions and temptations for kids. Good Job!!

My oldest son just had his promotion ceremony 2 weeks ago. It makes me feel so old though. :(

Way to go Dad! I'm just concentrating on keeping my 6 year old alive from day to day, he's a little crazy. I can only imagine how I will feel if we make it to graduation day.

Congrats JC Jr. :D

Now that the mid-life crisis has hit fill swing, I think it's time for the red sports car. :lol:

Congrats Jc to you and your son! :multi: :multi: I don't even want to think about the day my baby will graduate high school.
Now that the mid-life crisis has hit fill swing, I think it's time for the red sports car.
:lol: Definitely!!

Congratulations to you and your son as well. Time flies doesn't it? Mine is 21, LOL, I can still remember potty training!

Wow...the graduation exercises were absolutely beautiful (just taking a break between activities with my favorite forum).

The graduates and faculty put on a very nice show...even the school's first principal (school opened in 1972) was present to address the graduates.

Other than being proud of my guy, I was truly impressed with the accomplishments of the graduates. Combined, over $4,000.000 dollars in scholarships were awarded to this class.

I'm very proud of this...and for good reason. These are "inner-city" kids who made a choice to rid themselves of the temptation to "go the other way". I mentioned earlier what these kids had to accomplish just to get to this level. That a majority of these kids were awarded scholarships and, as per the principal, over 85% are persuing higher education is amazing.

And finally...to all of my fellow AA members...thanks so much for your support. (y)

im so happy that people are graduating, it makes me thing the world is getting better year,by year!

revhtree said:
Hey where are the pics at???? :mrgreen:

Right here...LOL

The Honor Guard (during pomp and circumstance)

graduation2005001.jpg

The School's first Principal

graduation2005002.jpg

The current Principal

graduation2005003.jpg

He's getting his diploma

graduation2005006.jpg

Outside with friends (he's the big guy on the right)

graduation2005010.jpg

More friends

graduation2005009.jpg

Hmm...just noticed...no pics of parents, they're all of him. LOL

Awesome, I like the red gowns. My schools colors were orange and yellow, uck! Hope he enjoys his summer and enjoys college next year?????????????
Congrats!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom