Name 10 things we dont know about you

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
AFter 5 years of being in this business...it's the one thing that I hate. Everyone who has ever gotten screwed by a lender carries a chip on their shoulder the next time they deal with one. It is by far one of my pet peeves.

Umm.... I'm fairly new here, and it took me some time to think about a thing or two... :roll:

1 - I am a french speaking canadian.
2 - I have two guitars, but can barely play anything at all.
3 - Had my first tank over 30 years ago. FW (40 gal.) with about 40 swordtail fishes.
4 - I can rambled on and on when someone ask for explanations, about anything. With me, you always get the longest version. (Been told MANY times!)
5 - My last parachute jump was at 10,000 ft. (6 years ago)
6 - I use to roller blade for hours. One day I did over 70 KM in one afternoon.
7 - I love astronomy but my telescope in still under construction.
8 - I've been to Siberia 3 times since 1999.
9 - My wife is Russian.
10 - We both are of the same hight and have the same birthday.
11 - Umm... Better stop now. 8O

Well, if you want to know some more, just ask. But keep in mind item 4 above. :twisted:

10. I am a natural red-head
9. I inject medication into people's varicose and spider veins to make them disappear and I love my job. Some people say I'm twisted because of that... :twisted:
8. My biggest pet peeve is people who whine and complain, yet do nothing about what bothers them... I'm a very optimistic person and it really brings me down :(
7. I love to learn stuff. Does that make me a nerd?
6. I was adopted as a baby and met both sides of my birth family a few years ago. My personality is so much like my birth Dad that it's weird! Gives credence to the 'nature' side of the 'nature vs. nurture' argument.
5. My paternal birth grandmother was an identical twin. She died before I could meet her, but I met her sister, so in fact, I kinda met my birth grandma. (I swear I should be on Montel)
4. I have a horrible memory and it frequently embarrasses me
3. My husband has an awesome body - he takes good care of himself
2. I am horrible at returning calls
1. My car is a complete mess.

Serge said:
9 - My wife is Russian.

Did you see the History Channel show about Siberia about a month ago? It was fascinating! What part of Siberia did you go to? Is your wife from there?

Jchillin said:
I am not afraid. :eyes:
What's the story behind the guitar (15 words or less).

As a teen, mother had me take music lessons. Only real tune I could play was "House of the rising sun". Then life got in the way and stoped playing. Later in life, bought an acoustic guitar for 10 bucks.

That's the short version.

:wave:

Danio35 said:
Serge said:
9 - My wife is Russian.
Did you see the History Channel show about Siberia about a month ago? It was fascinating! What part of Siberia did you go to? Is your wife from there?

No, did not see it because I am not subscribed to that channel. Siberia is fascinating indeed. Quite different from north america. 8O

The place I went to is called Irkutsk, near lake Baikal. Going again in May to visit the in-laws. That's my wife's native town.
8)

Serge said:
Jchillin said:
I am not afraid. :eyes:
What's the story behind the guitar (15 words or less).

As a teen, mother had me take music lessons. Only real tune I could play was "House of the rising sun". Then life got in the way and stoped playing. Later in life, bought an acoustic guitar for 10 bucks.

That's the short version.

Well, it was a little over 15 words but I commend you for keeping it short and informative. House of the Rising Sun huh? That's good!

Well, in my time, over 30 years ago, that was a "classic" to learn playing amongst my then circle of friends. You know, a teenager thing. 8) Man, do things have ever changed now! 8O

:lol:

Serge said:
Danio35 said:
Serge said:
9 - My wife is Russian.

The place I went to is called Irkutsk, near lake Baikal. Going again in May to visit the in-laws. That's my wife's native town.
8)

I bet your inlaws have some interesting stories about how Russia has changed in the past 20 years. What do they think about communism vs. capitalism? I've been reading a book about communism because I really don't know too much about it, but the history of how communism came about is absolutely fascinating!!

1> I look like I just got outta high school (and im 37 next week)
2> I'm 37 next week LMAO
3> I am a network administrator
4> I love photography and music
5> I am a twin
6> I rent, not own (boo hoo, soon soon)
7> I love doing graphic design and websites
8> I dig computer games man
9> I never tried any drugs until I was 35 (Smoked a bit of the light stuff for a few months with some friends, not something I was addicated to, just enjoyed it after hard weeks at work. They moved to Texas, I don't do it anymore)
10> My father is a glass blower and since he is my father hes a part of me. I love that he does it! Very cool stuff (its a retirement thing)
:p

OK Here goes:

1) I was born in Panama.
2) I am a huge Bob Seger Fan.
3) I secretly like Barry Mannilow music 8O
4) I don't attend church as often as I should.
5) I love riding my motorcyle.
6) I was raised in Wisconsin. Packers Rule!!
7) My job takes me to China twice a year.
8.) I despise all of the "medicine" commercials on TV.
9) I am a horrible BBQ cook, but that doesn't stop me.
10) My best friends live everywhere but where I do.

(1) I go to a school of choice (the 4th highest scoring in the state!).
(2) I love to go fishing whether its offshore or inshore.
(3) Tennis is the sport I play and I'm very good too, #1 player at my school.
(4) I want to be a marine biologist.
(5) I like to eat just about everything, but hate shrimp.
(6) I'm taking an online high school course right now. (which reminds me: homework)
(7) I like video games, but I'm not very good at them.
(8.) I've never been diving, but I really want to try it.
(9) I've won five fishing tournaments and over $1500.
(10) I haven't been to another country.

1. I am a Christian
2. I have been married to the world's most beautiful woman for 7 1/2 years. We have two girls.
3. I am a partner in a general practice law firm (though I am not thrilled with what I do).
4. I have been keeping fish for 15+ years.
5. I am currently writing a book, and there are two others in my head waiting to be written.
6. At any given point, I am usually reading two or three books.
7. I love photography, but my skills have yet to match my level of enthusiasm.
8. I am an introvert, but still love the company of good friends.
9. I believe a true friend will tell the truth, even when it hurts, so I strive to be a true friend and to surround myself with true friends.
10. ?

1. I was born and raised in Colorado
2. I Love Snowboarding
3. I Have a degree in Digital Graphic Arts
4. I Like to play video games, and I'm pretty good
5. I hate balloons (fear them popping in my face 8O )
6. I'm a grill master ... I love to smoke food (chicken, ribs, salmon)
7. I'm allergic to cats
8. I LOVE body modifications
9. I have 10 Tattoos and stretched ear piercings (4 guage)
10. I absolutley hate baseball .... the great american waste of time

This is a cool thread, although I could go on for days these are what came to mind!!! Enjoy.

WooHoo said:
I secretly like Barry Mannilow music

LOL...it's not a secret anymore...not to worry, you're in good company :D

Blazeherd2306 said:
I haven't been to another country.

There are other countries? 8O

fishyrican said:

Ummm.... #10 please...

Jermz79 said:
I Have a degree in Digital Graphic Arts

We have to talk...my son just graduated and is pursuing this in college this fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom