OK....before starting the 'ten things' I feel it is my duty to clear things up about earwigs. They do NOT crawl into your ear nor is there a specific medical procedure to take them out (since they don't go in there in the first place). You have a FAR better chance having a fly or mosquito get into your ear than you do an earwig. They are small, dorso-ventrally compressed insects that are usually reddish-brown in color and have a pair of pincers on their hind end. They can pinch with those but it is hardly painful.
Now for the 'ten things':
1. I was born in Heidelberg, Germany. Army brat.
2. I've been on this planet nearly half a century.
3. I have degrees in Biology and Chemistry.
4. I taught Biology, Earth Science, Environmental Science and Medical Biotechnology for 20 years
5. I enlisted in the U.S.Army when I was seventeen just in time to go to Viet Nam. I was NOT killed there, contrary to some people's opinions!
And...no...I do not suffer from post-traumatic stress syndrome and neither do the voices in my head!
6. I used to play drums in a number of rock bands and actually got to play drums for Stevie Ray Vaughn for a few weeks while his regular drummer recovered from a car accident.
7. I can type about 100 words per minute.
8. I am happily married and have one daughter (who occasionally makes an appearance here as 'Clueless').
9. My favorite area of study is history.
10. For some reason....people think I'm strange in a wierd sort of way!