Name 10 things we dont know about you

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I'm up.....

1. I spend more money on golf then I do on my mortgage (not really but I play a lot! :oops: )
2. My girlfriend drags me to the gym 4-5 times a week (and I hate every minute of it :roll: )
3. I have a secret addiction to cheesy reality TV shows :oops:
4. I was in the Twin Towers 24 hours before 9/11 8O
5. I'm now a religious man :lol:
6. I operate 5 Dairy Queen locations in Phx
7. I cook breakfast every Saturday morning for my friends (fun tradition :D )
8. I move every two years (it's a pain, but the housing market here is crazy)
9. I love high-tech toys and gadgets
10. I'm a dog lover (I have 2 springer spaniels and a golden)

I write and take pictures for a local environmental rag, Green Pages of South Puget Sound.
I volunteer for Safeplace.
I'm a tremendous book nerd especially science fiction.
I do pilates every other day and run 2 miles a day (gotta make up for the time spent sitting on my butt in front of this machine)
My favorite show of all time is buffy the vampire slayer.
My kids are vegetarians but I eat chicken and fish.
I'm scared of flyiing but fly a couple of times a year.
I am very spiritual but unorganized so no religion.
I went to catholic school.
I love my husband's margaritas! Oh and him too of course!

How did I miss this one!
Um....

1) I have been grounded since august of 2004.
2) I am schooling myself in criminal and justice with my moms text books.
3) I read.. Alot. Ive read the entire harry potter series 1-5 in one day (( 18 hours to be exact)) And I have read the first three Anne rice's lives of the mayfair witches, aswell as the first vampire chronicles, and two of the second vampire chronicles, of Anne Rice, aswell as every single John grisham book.
4) I get around 3 hours of sleep a day
5) I spend an average amount of 10 hours, on any Blizzard game, a day.
6) I don't watch too much tv.
7) I love to write, specially about antebellum Louisiana.
8 ) I am deathly afraid of spiders, yet I do not kill them unless they are in the house. Thus I have a huge wolf spider living outside of my window...
9) .. I have chewed on the wood of the window sill.
10) I hope to become a lawyer, and breed fish in any spare time I might have.

I have no clue shanny, Like.. Ill just be laying on my bed, and my bed is right next to the window.. so ill just like... lay down and well.. bite down on it and dig my teeth into and stuff.. half the time i dont realize im doing it.
My mom thought we had squirrels or something lol

so your one of those people.....I use to wonder what all the fuss about lead paint was and I'd read that kids might eat the paint chewing on windowsills and I always thought what a bunch of hogwash!

Ten things...
I'm a young (35) grandma (stepchild)
Like to paint my house bright colors inside
Very creative and like to make art
Wish I had a complete woodshop, love that sort of thing
I can sew very well
Love kids and try to teach them things myself (on top of school)
Like to cook
Hate to do dishes
Wish I lived somewhere green and lush, or mountains with trees or beach??? In other words...don't like the AZ desert too much.
Born in Florida and going for a family reunion there NEXT 4th of July, can't wait!!!

10 things you DON'T know about me....

1... I just read all 21 pages of this thread in one sitting
2....I have been with my husband more than half my life now
3....I'm not as old as that makes me sound, I'm only 32
4....I have 1 tattoo, 3 earrings and a bellyring
5....I am a Christian
6....I have been to Europe several times, but to the USA only once
7....I work part time at a small pet store
8....I make amazing birthday/wedding/theme cakes
9....I'm a darned good cook
10..I am on my way to an auction in a few minutes

OK, here goes.

1. I am vegetarian, and don't eat fast food or drink soda.
2. I like dogs more than I like most people.
3. I've been with my BF for 4 and 1/2 years.
4. I have a Bachelor's in psychology and a Bachelor's in sociology, and they aren't doing me much good. :roll:
5. I'm really liberal, and very irritated by both Republicans and Democrats, but Democrats are definitely the lesser of the evils. I'm terrified of the direction in which this country is headed.
6. I LOVE music, and my favorite bands are the String Cheese Incident, Phish, and Grateful Dead. I'm a little too young to have ever seen the Dead, but I've seen SCI about 25 times and Phish about 20 times (including their last show in Coventry last year). I once drove from Indiana to San Francisco to catch a String Cheese 3 night New Year's run. I also like jazz, classical, bluegrass, some classic rock, etc. I hate most of today's music. :p Ok, enough, but it's something I'm really passionate about.
7. I am a terrible cook. :oops:
8. I am a terrible slob. :oops:
9. I work with people with developmental disabilities. Sometimes it's the greatest job ever, but sometimes I get hit, punched, kicked, bitten, scratched, or dragged to the floor by the hair. :roll:
10. I don't believe in organized religion.

severum mama said:
I have a Bachelor's in psychology and a Bachelor's in sociology, and they aren't doing me much good.

I have to agree...should've known better...at least with all that training...not to keep a fish tank...nor join a fish forum...you would have avoided an "obsession"...and wind up needing treatment yourself...ROFL.

1. I am a former Marine and had to spend 3 years in San Diego, Ca.
2. I am going back to school to get an AAS in Criminal Justice, because you can't get a job in law enforcement without it, even with a military background (and I was military police :bad-words:)
3.My wife thinks that I am obsessed with my fish, but my kids are just as into them as I am so she can't complain too much.
4. I would rather watch my fish swim in circles arround the tanks than watch TV.
5. I have never had a broken bone in my life.
6. I got to go to the Superbowl when it was in San Diego, and I got paid because I was "working" :wink: .
7. I listen to country music, especially the songs from the 60's, 70's, and 80's. And I like bluegrass.
8. I have drank a beer with R. Lee Ermey (Gunny Hartman from Full Metal Jacket)
9. I am eating ice cream as I am writing this post :) .
10. I have walked down Rodeo Dr. in Beverly Hills wearing jeans and a T-shirt. (I felt a little out of place, but I was comfortable)

severum mama wrote:
I have a Bachelor's in psychology and a Bachelor's in sociology, and they aren't doing me much good.

I have to agree...should've known better...at least with all that training...not to keep a fish tank...nor join a fish forum...you would have avoided an "obsession"...and wind up needing treatment yourself...ROFL.

LOL I just meant that after all that school, I'm STILL broke! The job market here is terrible, and the cost of living is very high. I know the job market isn't great anywhere, but trust me, it sucks here. I'm waiting for my BF to finish school with 3 computer degrees, then we're finally going to leave town. But yes, point taken on the obsession... :wink:

1. I grew up in the country but am a city gal at heart.
2. I love re-run sitcoms (Friends, Seinfeld, Yes Dear, etc.)
3. I secretly hate dogs because I was attacked when I was 14 by 2 Grayhounds.
4. Next May I am getting married.
5. This past December I graduated with a BOS in Operations Management, but can't find a job in the field because I don't have experience in the job. Catch 22.
6. I LOVE Supercross, especially Ricky Carmichael. We go every year, but I pretend not to be too enthused beacuse then James will make me buy my own ticket. :D
7. I have two older brothers who act like my bodyguards in public.
8. Last week I passed my Illinois Insurance Producer exam and am now licensed (not the job that I wanted.)
9. I'm such a Daddy's Little Girl, even though I'm 22.
10. If it were up to me we'd have 20 cats, not just 1. :D

10. If it were up to me we'd have 20 cats, not just 1.
Me too!!! And I have 5 in an apartment.... :)

Ok, heres mine.
1. I love cats more than people
2. I used to deliver papers 7 days a week, and that was my favorite job (except pay)
3. I'm on disability right now because a patient I was trying to draw blood from freaked out and ripped my rotator cuff, had surgery end of may.
4. Out of 4 years on the job I've only actually worked less than a year because of 2 injuries.
5. I can't stand 99% of todays TV shows, and watch alot of nick at night and other re-runs.
6. I met my husband online in yahoo chat 8 years ago and he moved from NJ to CA to marry me.
7. I am extremley arachnaphobic, even some crabs, shrimps creep me out.
8. However I think snakes, bats, and rats are cool.
9. Goldfish, Japan, and Russia are my main interests.
10. I've donated my eggs to 5 families, and technically have about 7 children I've never seen.

Mine are:

1 ) I am noly 16 and have bred many types of fish allready.
2 ) I have just done my GCSE'S and will have 15 of them. 8O
3 ) I have a brother.
4 ) I have been with my girlfriend for nearly 3 years :D
5 ) I have my 3 fish tanks, 2 hamsters and 2 rabbits.
6 ) I want to become a solicitor when I am older.
7 ) I am starting college in september and am studying 4 A levels. Law, English literature, acounting and History or politics.
8 ) I only wear expensive / desghiner make clothes.
9 ) I love food and eat alot of it 8O I aint to fat though :lol:
10 ) I am looking for a job at the moment.

Thats my 10. 8)

And another I love my hair and allways will people say I am vain but i aint just love to look good 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom