Name 10 things we dont know about you

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, my turn. :)

1. I'm from a very small farm town in Ohio, when I was younger, we had chickens, pigs and 60 acres of land.
2. Besides my two tanks and a couple bettas, I have a black and white English Springer Spaniel named Leah back home, as well as a beautiful grey cat named Raider (I'm a big Oakland fan).
3. I've played musical instruments all my life but the only one that stuck with me was guitar. I've also played piano, sax and drums.
4. I'm big. About 6'5", 290. People are intimidated by the piercings and goatee but everyone who really knows me, knows that I am a gentle giant. :)
5. I've loved metal all my life. Tops on the list would be Metallica (pre-1995), Pantera, Sevendust, Tool, Godsmack, Flaw. However, I am not the typical "metalhead", in my cd collection you'll also find just about every Coltrane/Davis recording ever, classic rock, A LOT of rap, jazz, a LITTLE bit of country, and some classical.
6. I'm a big hockey fan (obviously), a die hard Devils fan, and used to play every day for many years.
7. Favorite movie of all time is in my sig.
8. I'm going into my 5th year at Miami University here in Oxford, Ohio. I might graduate about this time next year. Took a year off in there cause I got sick of school.
9. I work at a German bar here at school. We have 17 German beers on tap :) as well as some great authentic food. My drinks are gin/tonics, jager and good old AMERICAN beer though.
10. Confessed computer/electronics/audio geek. Don't you hate fixing friends computers for no tips, or even a beer? ;)

Ryan

Wow, very interesting thread!

Okay... here goes nothing ... 10 things ....

(1) I read "War & Peace", and "Crime & Punishment" in Russian, "Les Miserables, and "Swans Way" in French. In high school/college, I also took several years of German & Latin.

(2) I LOVE football (NFL). My husband refers to himself as the "football widow" during the f'ball season.

(3)I love to go camping. We have a 24' trailer, but also still have our tents, and I'll still "rough it" with the best of them.

(4) Both my husband and I are certified scuba divers. I hate cold water though, so I only dive when I get to go *south*.

(5) I'm way too much of a perfectionist at times. I'll re-start a grocery list if I've mis-spelled something, or have to cross something out.

(6) I'm an avid reader. Usually mystery/thriller/serial-killer psycological novels. I've been reading about a book a week for the last 20-25 years.

(7) I love the country, love solitude - mountains, waterfalls, tress. Would love a rustic log cabin (NO TV!!) in the middle of 100 acres of land.

(8 ) I've never lived more than 1/2 hour from the ocean, and never will (if I can help it).

(9) I was recently laid off (January) from my job of 15 years. So, I'm just-turned-40, with no idea of what I want to be when I grow up.

(10) I love cars, especially old muscle cars. I love to drive - it's my own "Private Idaho". I once went to visit a friend in Syracuse just for a "heck of it" day trip. Seven hours one way, spent 5 hours there. Left at 5am, got home at midnight.

Reef Lady, I think you are one of the coolest people ever. If you said you were a republican anywhere in there, I wouldnt think it, I would know
Is it just me, or are those like awesome qualities?
I LOVE football
I love the country
I'm an avid reader
I love cars
with no idea of what I want to be when I grow up.

football, who doesnt love it?
you like cars, you are intelligent, and really optimistic. I need some of your traits, especially the reading part

MORE MORE MORE

d9hp,

I'm flattered! I just read over your list though, and in reading it, I suspect you probably would NOT like me if you really knew me. LOL Why?

--> I just don't *get* hockey. Don't understand it, don't have any desire to. My husband does have a ton of hockey trophies knocking around though. ;-)

--> I'm an ex-smoker (last Oct.) and still want to go back every day (no, I won't!)

--> I love politics, but hate all politicians, especially republicans.

--> Oh, and you probably wouldn't like my kids! :)

Okay, okay, I'll concede....pork rinds are awesome!

LOL!!

Ok heres mine
1.I just had my 14th wedding anniversary on june 23th (got married when I was 21 I am now 35)
2.I have 3 kids the oldest is 13 her name is Samatha then my next one is Kaili she is 11 then my son he is 5 his name is Michael Jr.
3. I share my Bday with my son we are both Leos
4.I live in a area whos past has deep roots in Anthracite coal
5.I love my fish (I know I am crazy)
6.This is my first SW tank
7.IMO the uglier the fish the more I like :D
8. I love the game Half-life team fortress classic
9.I am a huge fan of the Oakland Raiders have been all my life :twisted:
10.I love nascar my driver is Ricky Rudd

Quote: "I love my fish (I know I am crazy)" --Red Virus
Well, by your definition, we're ALL (take your pick):
a) nuts
b) psychos
c) lunatics
d) all of the above
. . . and therefore need to be taken away in straightjackets to cozy little padded rooms! :lol: LOL! :twisted:
(Personally, I prefer option b. Don't want to be taken for a c, definitely, although it is quite plausible that I am d . . . although *muses* I didn't think I was related to cashews . . . j/k )

1. Sagittarius - good humored, crazy, blindly optomistic, honest but sometimes as subtle as a sledge hammer & impatient.
2. Love all kinds of music but especially the blues.
3. Would love to be able to play guitar but my patience lets me down. I have tried on numerous occassions to learn and own 2 electric guitars (a fender strat type and a gibson style) plus a steel string accoustic. Just tab would be great.
4. My husband and I live in a one room flat with only the bathroom being seperate from the rest of the room. It's what I call "open plan" living :wink:
5. Work from home.
6. Love food esp Thai.
7. Favourite holiday destination - Thailand.
8. Love travelling and have been to at least 11 different countries.
9. I love gardening and cannot wait to have my own place to do what I want in the yard ie. have a heap chooks, and a couple of my fav dogs
10. Favourite dog - staffodshire bull terrier

:oops: :D Louise

Should have read "have a heap of chooks"

Chooks are chickens. I would love a lot of chickens running around freely. A couple of hens, a rooster and little chicks. I once had a hen for 5years and every egg she laid was a double yolker (2 yolks in 1 egg). They were the best tasting eggs too :D They also do great for the garden...keeping away pests and providing fertilizer.

Ah, thanks, I would have never guessed!

Double yolkers are the best. I buy eggs from a farm near me sometimes, they often have doublers. You can tell the difference in farm-fresh eggs too, waaaay better than the eggs from the market.

Ok, this screen name is for my husband and I, but I'll do me...

1. I'm a native Southern Californian, not even what a California girl is portrayed.

2. I love Ansel Adams work.

3. I am a BIG electronics gadget person!

4. My favorite place in the world is Yosemite National Park, which is where I was married.

5. I am big on enviroment to the point where I cut up those plastic things that 6 pack sodas come on.

6. I believe and teach my children that there is always some good in everyone even though they may not show it.

7. I used to be a "Guide" on AOL (don't know if they have them anymore)

8. I have done my family tree and have found that I have ancestors that have fought in both the American and Civil Wars, and that my Great Grandfather was from Holland but still having problems tracking further back on his side.

9. My favorite singers are Neil Diamond and the Carpenters, have seen Neil Diamond in concert and loved it!

10. I love playing video games with my kids!

2. I love Ansel Adams work.

My fav photographer. B&W photography is such an intense representation of the medium, you see the subject for what it is without colours distracting you. Such a raw way to record life :p

Yep that's what I like about his work also, have quite a few of his pictures in my house. :)

Ok....
1. I am a cristian(small c which bothers me to no end.I just can't let go......
2. Am a true Canadian(big C because we care and are USUALLY there to pick up the pieces)
3.Love my wife to the exclusion of my family (if nec.)
4.Love all 4 seasons here in Calgary.We have extreme temp changes due to geographic location.Try a 60 deg. Celcius change in one day and see how you feel!
5.Would like to get into furniture building.
6.Am a computer user but not a computer geek.REALLY it's just a tool like any other.
7.Honestly believe that Lexus is the finest auto manufacturer in the world.(PLUG!)
8.When my wife and I were courting,she asked me what I would be if I could be re-incarnated.I said "Me"!Yes I make mistakes.....LOTS!But God doesn't.
9.I love Papillons.We have 2.Do a Google search!
10.Wish I had more time for everything!

o.k. here goes:

1. just had my first child at 31, and "it" finally makes sense for once in my life.

2. i don't want to marry her father anytime soon much to the horror of others.

3. i'm terribly clumsy. i fall all the time. which brings me to #4.

4. i'm afraid of stairs. really!

5. i secretly like the band KORN but i tell my boyfriend they suck! (his favorite)

6. i can never remember anyone's name, even 5 minutes after i met them.

7. i quit smoking over a year ago but crave one every time i get a little drunk.

8. i love to drink a big juicy bacardi and coke (no lime) next to the beach or intracoastal.

9. i used to work at baja beach club in a thong bikini.i promised god i'd never wear it in public again if he could help me fit in it again.

10. i choose to be inspired everyday by the beauty in life instead of discouraged by the b.s.

Okay here is my list for what its worth:

1. I am 1st generation Irish and weigh in at 6'2" and 240 lbs with red hair.

2. Was raised in the Bronx NY near Yankee Stadium& went to over 100 games.

3. Have dual citizenship, US and Ireland

4. Spent 3 years and 6 summers in Ireland

5. My lovely wife was born in Guatemala and we met in NYC

6. Have a healthy 2 yr old son who was born 11 wks early @ 2 lbs & my wife
spent 4 weeks in bedrest @ the hospital preceeding his birth.

7. I got hit with 480 Volts on the job and wound up in the hospital. My fault for
not testing it. Never made that mistake again.

8. Knew and worked with 3 guys who were not so lucky, played the pipes at one
of their funerals. Hope their is never a 4th.

9. Got my daily commuting bike (Blackbird) to 180 on the track. That is the only
place you should go fast or stunt ride.

10. Have never fired a weapon or been in a fight, I'm not anti-gun or a pacifist.
That is an individual decision and I don't like talking politics.

Hrmm.......ok
1. I don't talk much or enjoy big crowds (Alcohol helps me a bit.)
2. I work with a friend at his truck accessory shop
3. I love chocolate.
4. For fun I like Golf bowling skateboarding snowboarding golden tee
5. I broke both my collar bones
6. Julie and I are getting married next year
7. My Dad just bought a canoe
8. I'm 27 years old
9. I have a Psychology degree
10. I love microwave pot pies and chinese food

If you want to know more - just ask!

Status
Not open for further replies.