Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-31-2003, 04:24 AM   #21
Aquarium Advice Activist

Send a message via AIM to reberly
Alright, my turn.

1. I'm from a very small farm town in Ohio, when I was younger, we had chickens, pigs and 60 acres of land.
2. Besides my two tanks and a couple bettas, I have a black and white English Springer Spaniel named Leah back home, as well as a beautiful grey cat named Raider (I'm a big Oakland fan).
3. I've played musical instruments all my life but the only one that stuck with me was guitar. I've also played piano, sax and drums.
4. I'm big. About 6'5", 290. People are intimidated by the piercings and goatee but everyone who really knows me, knows that I am a gentle giant.
5. I've loved metal all my life. Tops on the list would be Metallica (pre-1995), Pantera, Sevendust, Tool, Godsmack, Flaw. However, I am not the typical "metalhead", in my cd collection you'll also find just about every Coltrane/Davis recording ever, classic rock, A LOT of rap, jazz, a LITTLE bit of country, and some classical.
6. I'm a big hockey fan (obviously), a die hard Devils fan, and used to play every day for many years.
7. Favorite movie of all time is in my sig.
8. I'm going into my 5th year at Miami University here in Oxford, Ohio. I might graduate about this time next year. Took a year off in there cause I got sick of school.
9. I work at a German bar here at school. We have 17 German beers on tap as well as some great authentic food. My drinks are gin/tonics, jager and good old AMERICAN beer though.
10. Confessed computer/electronics/audio geek. Don't you hate fixing friends computers for no tips, or even a beer?

Ryan

Old 07-31-2003, 02:45 PM   #22
AA Team Emeritus

Wow, very interesting thread!

Okay... here goes nothing ... 10 things ....

(1) I read "War & Peace", and "Crime & Punishment" in Russian, "Les Miserables, and "Swans Way" in French. In high school/college, I also took several years of German & Latin.

(2) I LOVE football (NFL). My husband refers to himself as the "football widow" during the f'ball season.

(3)I love to go camping. We have a 24' trailer, but also still have our tents, and I'll still "rough it" with the best of them.

(4) Both my husband and I are certified scuba divers. I hate cold water though, so I only dive when I get to go *south*.

(5) I'm way too much of a perfectionist at times. I'll re-start a grocery list if I've mis-spelled something, or have to cross something out.

(6) I'm an avid reader. Usually mystery/thriller/serial-killer psycological novels. I've been reading about a book a week for the last 20-25 years.

(7) I love the country, love solitude - mountains, waterfalls, tress. Would love a rustic log cabin (NO TV!!) in the middle of 100 acres of land.

(8 ) I've never lived more than 1/2 hour from the ocean, and never will (if I can help it).

(9) I was recently laid off (January) from my job of 15 years. So, I'm just-turned-40, with no idea of what I want to be when I grow up.

(10) I love cars, especially old muscle cars. I love to drive - it's my own "Private Idaho". I once went to visit a friend in Syracuse just for a "heck of it" day trip. Seven hours one way, spent 5 hours there. Left at 5am, got home at midnight.

Old 07-31-2003, 03:12 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice Addict

Reef Lady, I think you are one of the coolest people ever. If you said you were a republican anywhere in there, I wouldnt think it, I would know
Is it just me, or are those like awesome qualities?
Quote:
I LOVE football
I love the country
I'm an avid reader
I love cars
with no idea of what I want to be when I grow up.
football, who doesnt love it?
you like cars, you are intelligent, and really optimistic. I need some of your traits, especially the reading part

MORE MORE MORE
Old 07-31-2003, 03:27 PM   #24
AA Team Emeritus

d9hp,

I'm flattered! I just read over your list though, and in reading it, I suspect you probably would NOT like me if you really knew me. LOL Why?

--> I just don't *get* hockey. Don't understand it, don't have any desire to. My husband does have a ton of hockey trophies knocking around though.

--> I'm an ex-smoker (last Oct.) and still want to go back every day (no, I won't!)

--> I love politics, but hate all politicians, especially republicans.

--> Oh, and you probably wouldn't like my kids!

Okay, okay, I'll concede....pork rinds are awesome!

LOL!!
Old 07-31-2003, 03:43 PM   #25
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
pork rinds are awesome
HAHAHAHA

Quote:
hate all politicians, especially republicans
ill get you thinking the RIGHT way
Old 07-31-2003, 05:32 PM   #26
Aquarium Advice Activist

Send a message via AIM to reberly
D9, politics are like earrings on guys... Left is right, and right is WRONG!

j/k

Ryan
Old 07-31-2003, 08:12 PM   #27

Quote:
... Left is right, and right is WRONG
You alright for a Raider fan.... hehehehehehehheeeee :P

Old 07-31-2003, 11:45 PM   #28
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Ok heres mine
1.I just had my 14th wedding anniversary on june 23th (got married when I was 21 I am now 35)
2.I have 3 kids the oldest is 13 her name is Samatha then my next one is Kaili she is 11 then my son he is 5 his name is Michael Jr.
3. I share my Bday with my son we are both Leos
4.I live in a area whos past has deep roots in Anthracite coal
5.I love my fish (I know I am crazy)
6.This is my first SW tank
7.IMO the uglier the fish the more I like
8. I love the game Half-life team fortress classic
9.I am a huge fan of the Oakland Raiders have been all my life
10.I love nascar my driver is Ricky Rudd
Old 08-01-2003, 12:00 AM   #29
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote: "I love my fish (I know I am crazy)" --Red Virus
Well, by your definition, we're ALL (take your pick):
a) nuts
b) psychos
c) lunatics
d) all of the above
. . . and therefore need to be taken away in straightjackets to cozy little padded rooms! LOL!
(Personally, I prefer option b. Don't want to be taken for a c, definitely, although it is quite plausible that I am d . . . although *muses* I didn't think I was related to cashews . . . j/k )
Old 08-01-2003, 03:34 AM   #30
Aquarium Advice Freak

1. Sagittarius - good humored, crazy, blindly optomistic, honest but sometimes as subtle as a sledge hammer & impatient.
2. Love all kinds of music but especially the blues.
3. Would love to be able to play guitar but my patience lets me down. I have tried on numerous occassions to learn and own 2 electric guitars (a fender strat type and a gibson style) plus a steel string accoustic. Just tab would be great.
4. My husband and I live in a one room flat with only the bathroom being seperate from the rest of the room. It's what I call "open plan" living
5. Work from home.
6. Love food esp Thai.
7. Favourite holiday destination - Thailand.
8. Love travelling and have been to at least 11 different countries.
9. I love gardening and cannot wait to have my own place to do what I want in the yard ie. have a heap chooks, and a couple of my fav dogs
10. Favourite dog - staffodshire bull terrier

Louise

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com