Name 10 things we dont know about you

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK....before starting the 'ten things' I feel it is my duty to clear things up about earwigs. They do NOT crawl into your ear nor is there a specific medical procedure to take them out (since they don't go in there in the first place). You have a FAR better chance having a fly or mosquito get into your ear than you do an earwig. They are small, dorso-ventrally compressed insects that are usually reddish-brown in color and have a pair of pincers on their hind end. They can pinch with those but it is hardly painful.

Now for the 'ten things':

1. I was born in Heidelberg, Germany. Army brat.
2. I've been on this planet nearly half a century.
3. I have degrees in Biology and Chemistry.
4. I taught Biology, Earth Science, Environmental Science and Medical Biotechnology for 20 years
5. I enlisted in the U.S.Army when I was seventeen just in time to go to Viet Nam. I was NOT killed there, contrary to some people's opinions! :lol: And...no...I do not suffer from post-traumatic stress syndrome and neither do the voices in my head!
6. I used to play drums in a number of rock bands and actually got to play drums for Stevie Ray Vaughn for a few weeks while his regular drummer recovered from a car accident.
7. I can type about 100 words per minute.
8. I am happily married and have one daughter (who occasionally makes an appearance here as 'Clueless').
9. My favorite area of study is history.
10. For some reason....people think I'm strange in a wierd sort of way! :roll:

They are small, dorso-ventrally compressed insects that are usually reddish-brown in color and have a pair of pincers on their hind end. They can pinch with those but it is hardly painful.
That's what I thought they were. Basically a little wormy/centipede-y thing with a claw sticking out it's butt. I've never been pinched by one, but it looks like it would hurt. I'll just take your word for it that it doesn't...

lmw80 said:
SquishyFish said:
lmw80 said:
Punkymom said:
7. I'm deathly afraid of earwigs.

Uh...what's an earwig?

Its a bug that lives in the south...notorious for coming inside and crawling in your ear and down into the ear canal. The problem is that because of the way the their wing lay, its very hard for them to back out of the ear canal. They are about as wide as a pensil lead...very painful from what I understand when they are trying to back out. The medical procedure to remove them is almost as bad.

I'm sorry I asked.

you did see that I was joking right?

Hee hee hee!!! That's not why I'm scared of them...I've had way to many of them randomly fly into my face and one scared me so badly that I broke my bed. Yes, my bedframe broke because I was trying to close my window and I was standing on my bed to do so. An Earwig flew down and smacked into my face. I screamed and fell, breaking my bed...well...I guess the fact that the bed was as old as I was had something to do with it...but that's my horrifying story about earwigs...I hate them. My goal is to erraticate them from the face of the earth...

I know I already have 10 things...but wanted to add another one.

There's a store in Ohio called Churchill's. My family started those stores...my last name's Churchill!!! Woah...

LOL!!! If you want it to be!!! That's not my first name, no...but my mother called me that when I was a little girl...Punky I mean.

Fruitbat said:
OK....before starting the 'ten things' I feel it is my duty to clear things up about earwigs. They do NOT crawl into your ear nor is there a specific medical procedure to take them out (since they don't go in there in the first place). You have a FAR better chance having a fly or mosquito get into your ear than you do an earwig. They are small, dorso-ventrally compressed insects that are usually reddish-brown in color and have a pair of pincers on their hind end. They can pinch with those but it is hardly painful.

It was a joke...read the bottom of the post..... :roll:

heres mine:
1. my name is Josh
2. Im 6'6 (last time I checked, I really dont check anymore)
3. Im 25
4. Im a vegan
5. Republicans and democrats alike are highly offended by my political views
6. I like really loud, throbbing bass
7. Id rather be in the middle of the forest than the hustly and bustle of the city
8. my wife calls me the 'boy wonder' cause I am able to keep up with so many different hobbies. (translation: I spend too much money)
9. I grew up in San Diego
10. I have a really strong hatred for our current 'appointed', and 'elected' govt officials.

1. I'm 14
2. I'm from Kansas, but now live in Texas
3. I was a gymnast for 6 yrs, quit after my coach sat on me
4. I love chocolate
5. I love pop, rock, and 90's and some 80's music..
6. I work at a ranch were we host picnics for different companies in TX.
7. I have an 8 month old nephew :lol: hes a cutie...
8.I have the most mollies in a 10 gal tank, you will never meet anyone with more then I have....
9.My name is Shannon
10. My great Grandfather is an Indian, so i have 1/8 of Indian-ness in me.... I don't know what tribe...

:!: I'm only 13
2. My room is fish themed.
3. I'm 5' 5''
4. I like making movies with my camera.
5. My favorite sport is soccer
6. I like cheese
7. I'm learing to play guitar
8. I'm a techie
9. I weigh 120
10. I'm addicted to AA! lol
Other Tid Bit: I might work at the lfs!

I'll try to come up with ten things. Gonna be a stretch. LOL

1. I'm a mother of 2 9yr old and 16mo old
2. I married my high school sweetheart and we'll be celebrating our 17th anniversary next month.
3. I got to many animals
4. I have red hair, blue/gray eyes
5. I turned 35yrs last week 8O
6. I used to have hobbies, then I had a baby.
7. I love to read but only read Stephen King and Anne Rice novels.
8. I really don't think I can come up with two more things.
9. I don't work except at home. Bought an old house we are fixing up.
10.I hate all local LFS's and travel 1.5-2 hrs to shop for fish. :D

1. I love snowboarding and have spent the last two seasons trying to coax myself into the board park to start tricks, but...
2. I'm a big scaredy cat when there is a possibility of hurting myself
3. I've been riding horses since I was 9 (now I'm 20) and #2 doesn't apply here for some strange reason
4. I'm a DJ for WASU-FM 90.5... and eventually we'll be streaming on the internet when our server gets fixed so you should listen www.wasurocks.com (shameless plug, hehe..oh and my show is Sunday night from 6-8 ) :mrgreen:
5. I love to go fishing
6. I'm awesome at Halo on XBox... well, awesome for a girl who doesn't play more than once a month and still manages to beat all her guy friends who play weekly (they don't suck, I'm just lucky)
7. My dad is from Spain but I don't look like the typical spaniard (I have BLONDE hair and BLUE eyes... go figure)
8. The one time I tried to bake a cake, the bottom of it somehow burned, but I managed to save it anyway
9. I rub my feet together when I'm in bed before I go to sleep
10. I still chew my nails :roll:

Imw80,
I have every book they've written except for the new King Dark Tower book. I'll be getting it though. I wish I could say I've read everyone of them but I will someday. I've read most. :D

If I'm not mistaken, #4 is Tale of the Body Thief? Great book.

Sorry to get off topic.

Yup, that's the book. It's awesome! Can't put it down!

Rubysoho - I tried snowboarding once. Once!

1. I have been married for 10.5 years and have a boy and a girl 6 and 7.
2. I am my son's cub scout den leader.
3. I collect National Geographic Magazines. My earliest is 1896 and I have almost all of them from 1910 to the present including the Jan 1900 edition.
4. I served 6 years in the Navy 85-91 including the first gulf war.
5. Been SCUBA certified since 1996, its my main passion along with my tank (after my family).
6. Worked as a surgeons assistant for many years until I took the plunge into self employment 12 years ago. I used to do organ retrieval. When someone died who donated their organs, I was one of the ones that would remove them.
7. Run an online business, its going very well. If I can get a plug in, here is one of my 6 web sites http://www.hubcaps-wheelcovers.com
8. Had my first SW aquarium in 1977, tore it down for college in 1980 and finally started again last year.
9. I am a social conservative, but a bleeding heart liberal when it comes to environmental and animal issues.
10. Only each chicken and turkey. Don't eat any red meat or seafood X15 years.
11. Love "good" rock music. My favorite band is Rush (since 76). Have seen them 11 times in concert.
opps, thats 11!! 8O

1. I have eaten rat poisen before. (acidently)
2. For like 5 Years strait I asked for a Hover Board for christmas. damn back to the future
3. I think reading causes cancer : )
4. I have a shot term memory
5. I paintball
6. I enjoy Techno, but I wont play it in my truck cause my truck doesnt go fast enough.
7. I watch Hockey... GO DUCKS!
8. Iam studing to become an architect.
9. I have a short term memory
11. Iam bad at math

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeere's Deni! :p

1. I love school. My boyfriend was complaining about crummy school food. I told him I like it and he retorted with "Yeah? You only like it 'cause it has the word 'school' in it!!" Ahhh! That's when you know it's love.

2. My favorite subjects involve math and English. I'm currently taking AP Calculus and AP English Literature. I also love to write poetry.

3. I'm graduating high school this year. My dream school is UC Berkeley.

4. I walked the AIDs Walk on Oct 17. It was truly inspirational. I'm also a gay rights advocate.

5. I'm the vice president of my school's Gay Straight Alliance. I'm trying to steer the club to be a club about acceptance rather than tolerance. To me, there is a BIG difference. Our motto is "opening minds with open hearts." I encourage my religious friends to at least attend meetings so we can have differing view points on subjects.

6. I'm pro-choice. Keep your laws off my body!

7. I don't believe in God. I believe in spiritual self-awareness. That doesn't mean I'm not willing to give God a chance. I just don't want imposing their religion on me.

8. When I was a kid, I wanted to be a marine biologist. I still do, but... I don't know. There are so many possibilities for me because i love learning about everything. I mean.. *EVERYTHING!*

9. I used to play CounterStrike a lot. I miss being very into video games but school is way more important to me than pixels and equations and completely pwning someone hardcore. :D I used to also play EverQuest a lot. Yeah, yeah, don't laugh.

10. My true love is my boyfriend. The close runner up is equal rights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom