Name for Black Molly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ocminpin

Aquarium Advice Addict
I got a new female Black Molly today. She's lean, petite and cute! Barely 2"...
I'm trying to think of a name for her in honor of my Dad. Today is the 6 yr anniversary of his death (died of cancer) and would be fun to honor him in my tank. :) call me corny.. I'm sure I'm not the first! LOL
Trying to think of something feminine or cute.
My dads name was Larry. He was a forensic ballistics expert (guns & bombs)... And a police officer for 20 years. Loved Sherlock Holmes... Born in April.
I thought of the name April, but want more creative.
Maybe someone can think of a female brand of guns etc... Or a reference that would be similar. :)
Come thru for me guys ...
Thanks in advance

I got a fish for my grandma when she died too! It's not corny lol. The name I was gonna suggest was Sherlock holmes, but then I was you already thought of that. I'm gonna jeep thinking! Sorry I couldn't be much help now

George9 said:
I got a fish for my grandma when she died too! It's not corny lol. The name I was gonna suggest was Sherlock holmes, but then I was you already thought of that. I'm gonna jeep thinking! Sorry I couldn't be much help now

But it's a GIRL ;-)

My suggestion: Polly Pistol (was a character in a corner movie called Kiss Me Stupid...)

How about Bonnie? Like Bonnie and Clyde?

Or roxy? Like a tough girl name-but still cute IMO

Nice idea, naming her something to remind her of your dad. You could call her "Six" (for the 6th anniversary). Plus, it sounds kind of James Bond-y which sort of fits with the guns / ballistic expert thing.

kindafishy said:
Nice idea, naming her something to remind her of your dad. You could call her "Six" (for the 6th anniversary). Plus, it sounds kind of James Bond-y which sort of fits with the guns / ballistic expert thing.

Hmmmmm

Well the first gun I researched for females was named Ladysmith debut was in 1989. I mean hey my betta's name is Cletus lol. If you had two males I'd recommend smith and wesson

6 shot suzy
black molly with a shotty
teflon molly
probable cause polly
forensic file Molly
shotgun sally
Kim the gem, In memory of him

Sorry I cant be of much help, God bless you and your Father for dedicating his life to a cause that deserves commemoration. Whatever you choose to call her, I hope that she serves as the matriarch of many generations of black mollies as a symbolic testament to your father.

My contribution- remi: after Remington. Double 0 6 from James bond. Winnie: Winchester. Beretta: after obviously berreta( has a nice feminine ring to it) ballista: after ballistics. That's all I can think of for now.

aquaponicpaw said:
6 shot suzy
black molly with a shotty
teflon molly
probable cause polly
forensic file Molly
shotgun sally
Kim the gem, In memory of him

Sorry I cant be of much help, God bless you and your Father for dedicating his life to a cause that deserves commemoration. Whatever you choose to call her, I hope that she serves as the matriarch of many generations of black mollies as a symbolic testament to your father.

Wow.... You've got me there... Thank you so much for what you've just said.... You don't know what your words have done...

Back
Top Bottom