name ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Will you be getting a pair as in male and female? Or 2 males or 2 females? It will help to know when thinking of names.
Like if you get a male and female, they could be Napoleon & Josephine, Adam & Eve, Zeus & Hera, things like that.
male and female

male and female

Cool, there are lots of famous couples to choose from. The thing is you should wait until you actually have your fish. When naming them it helps to know what their personalities are like. You may get yourself a Bonnie and Clyde, and have names like Fluffy & Puffy. Well you know what I mean

I had a cichlid that we named Angel. She was really tiny and sweet and friendly. A beautiful (we thought) Blue zebra.
Then at about 5 months old she had an insane growth spurt and turned into a Yellow male Kenyi that is now a bit on the ornery side. His name is now Angelus, being that he's not much of an Angel any more.

As with any pet the name should suite them.

We just named our 2 Green Dragon BN Plecos, Draco & Dynaries. Draco from Dragon heart & Dynaries from Game of Thrones. But it took almost a month before we came up with name that fit them.

You'll find it easier to pick out names if you know your fish.

WendiDell said:
We were a bit surprised that she became a he, I'm sure it's happened to other people too. But we needed a male Kenyi anyway. Our original male Kenyi was the victim of a Red Zebra serial killer that we no longer have.

That's crazy!! I can't tell which are which in my cichlids...
That's weird cause... My red zebra is the biggest and nicest fish I have lol

Mr. Limpet said:
I was thinking Fred & Ginger, but figured the was too old school lol.

FYI: A tater tot is a potato nugget kinda food (think hash browns in a ball) that's an Amarican staple from way back

We are old school!

That's crazy!! I can't tell which are which in my cichlids...
That's weird cause... My red zebra is the biggest and nicest fish I have lol

Sonny was the biggest & baddest in the tank. Within a few days he decimated nearly all my livestock before I figured out that it was him doing it. He didn't care if they were male or female either, he was quick & ruthless.
The Big Boy now is a Red Top Zebra, one of 2 males that survived the killing spree. He is very sweet, except if he is dad to the fry that a female holding. Then he'll chase everyone away from her, very protective, it's kind of cute.

Sexing a cichlid depends on the cichlid. I've been lucky, other than Angel/Angelus who changed after 5 months, I figured everyone of my Mbunas gender correctly. Without having to vent them.
My Angelfish on the other hand, not a clue.

We are old school!

I guess it really tells our age. Tater tots have been around since I was a little kid. They're more like tiny chunks of spiced potato squished together and deep fried. Real Healthy food, but back then no one cared about what kids ate.

WendiDell said:
I guess it really tells our age. Tater tots have been around since I was a little kid. They're more like tiny chunks of spiced potato squished together and deep fried. Real Healthy food, but back then no one cared about what kids ate.

I still love them!

Tater tots ROCK :) lol
Wendi I read u can tell by the egg spots... I've read that can be incorrect though.

Names- Peter & piper
Names- coral & coral hahahahahha
I keep posting really lame stuff I'll try and think of something genius

I was thinking Fred & Ginger, but figured the was too old school lol.

FYI: A tater tot is a potato nugget kinda food (think hash browns in a ball) that's an Amarican staple from way back

Thanks for putting me out of my misery :D Now all I need to know is what on earth are Grits and wth is a corn dog lol. Once I have this info I will be able to properly converse on my trip to Florida:ROFLMAO:
As for the fish, how bout Posh and Becks? I hear they're making a splash your side of the pond :angel:

Back
Top Bottom