Name That Fish!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Spotted sweetlips, need a tank larger than 300 gallons and they will eat anything they can fit their mouth around.

Sorry thought my other post went through.

It is a spotted sweetlips. Also know as the clown sweetlips and the harlequin sweetlips.

These cute little guys lose there appealing large spots for much smaller ones as they mature. They can get up to 2 and a half feet! Minimum tank size is 300 gallons. They are carnivores and eat crustations ( sp?).

Onto the next one!

image-2107724042.jpg

This odd looking thing is a FW fish.

TenaciousTriggerFish said:
Well is telescope goldfish at least the same fish? I only know common names..

Well both Telescope Goldfish and Celestial Eye Fancy Goldfish are common names. Common names for different fish though.

Yup!

The halfbeak's lower jaw is fixed in place. This makes it hard to find food on the bottom , so floating flakes and pelets are required.

Next!

This is a Sw

image-2980020472.jpg

Bubbles0oO said:
Yup!

The halfbeak's lower jaw is fixed in place. This makes it hard to find food on the bottom , so floating flakes and pelets are required.

Next!

This is a Sw

I don't know what it is, but its a really cool fish!

Predfan27 said:
Well both Telescope Goldfish and Celestial Eye Fancy Goldfish are common names. Common names for different fish though.

Lol I'm an idiot but it's ok cuz I've excepted it :p

Sorry guys, went to grandmas . No internet lol.

It is a twin spot wrasse.
The two pictured will soon have to be separated as to avoid aggression.

Next!

This is a FW fish

image-3990064407.jpg

Haha yep!

( his name is DeVille)

Angelfish can range from solid black to pure white and silver. They will be aggressive during breeding to defend the fry, but are gorgeous additions to any tank. ( above 30 gallons)

This next one is also FW

image-3253112838.jpg

Attachments

• image-1691162877.jpg
    image-1691162877.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 58
Yup and yup!

Betas are aggressive fish, and should be kept alone. Some may be able to be kept with other fish, but most cannot. Betas have a labyrinth organ, which enables them to breathe air when the water is depleted.

The molly is a live bearer. They come in all colors shapes and sizes. You can tell the sex of a molly ( or any livebearer) by its anal fin. If it is pointed like a pencil, its male, but if its fanned out like a well, a fan, then its female. (live bearers give birth to live and swimming fry. )

Next! ( FW)

image-1509555156.jpg

Bubbles0oO said:
Yup and yup!

Betas are aggressive fish, and should be kept alone. Some may be able to be kept with other fish, but most cannot. Betas have a labyrinth organ, which enables them to breathe air when the water is depleted.

The molly is a live bearer. They come in all colors shapes and sizes. You can tell the sex of a molly ( or any livebearer) by its anal fin. If it is pointed like a pencil, its male, but if its fanned out like a well, a fan, then its female. (live bearers give birth to live and swimming fry. )

Next! ( FW)

Some kind of Cory, can't tell which though. Maybe an albino of some sort?

It is a cory, but its not albino. ( he was hiding under a leaf so its shaded.) but its an emerald green cory.

These cute guys are best kept in groups of 6 or more, and any less they may be stressed. They love to sift through my sand and are just adorable!

Next! This is a SW

image-3885822935.jpg

Back
Top Bottom