Name the Betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bubbles0oO

Aquarium Advice Addict
I got him from a friend who kept him in this vase ( I still do but only until I have he guts to try him in one of my larger tanks)

View attachment 87450

View attachment 87451

View attachment 87452

View attachment 87454

What should his name be? His top fin is flipped over naturally , it gives him personality lol. Also any safe ways to see if he is safe with other fish? I'd like him in my 55 g

I do know how cruel it is to keep him in this vase , that's why I want to know a safe way to test him

as for seeing if he is safe with other fish if you try him in the tank, do it when you have lots of time to keep an eye on things, like a friday night so you have the weekend to watch the community. if you work on the weekends, than do it on YOUR friday! :)

What I did was get a empty clean 2 litre bottle and cut some slits in it for the water to pass through the cut the top off and hang it on the inside of the tank so he's in there but separated from the rest and see if he flares at ya other fish ? Mine did so now has his own tank

And as for the name, how about Castiel ? It's from the tv show supernatural and it's the name of an angel and he's kickass !

Cool idea on the 2 liter , but anyone have name ideas?!?! I have calling him beta as much as I hate keeping him in the vase

I have a Betta like that but he has pink stripes in his tail and I named him Pepto as in Pepto bismol.

Giant Danio said:
I have a Betta like that but he has pink stripes in his tail and I named him Pepto as in Pepto bismol.

LOL my beta has blue accents on his scales, a bent over roofing and a taiko that fades to clear then has a blue borderline

I think I'll go with flash, he likes to "flash" on the side of the vase lol I'll post an update when I'm testing him in the big tank. **fingers crossed**

Acclimate him slowly to the tank, since you've been keeping him in an unfiltered and unheated vase.

If the community tank doesn't work out, you're not sticking him back in that vase, are you?

Bubbles0oO said:
LOL my beta has blue accents on his scales, a bent over roofing and a taiko that fades to clear then has a blue borderline

Autocorrect is not your friend, lol. Pretty betta, though!

LOL yea sometimes I think autocorrect is out to get me... O.O

But thanks! I'll be trying him in my big tank later this week

Back
Top Bottom