Napoleon Dynamite

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rate "Napoleon Dynamite"

• 1 star

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2 stars

• 3 stars

• 4 stars

• 5 stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Clown Monarch

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Alright, I doubted my wife when she said she loved this movie. Now that I bought it for her for Valentine's Day I've watched it like 5 times now (that's 4½ more times than I could stomach "Lost in Translation" which supposedly was a great movie...). Something about this type of deadpan humor strikes a chord with me.

I LOVE it, but I can't watch it all the time so it stands at 4 stars for me :) my friends and I quote it all the time :roll:

I thought it was the dumbest movie ever. I hate it. Everyone at school is always quoting it too. So that might have something to do with me not liking it.

I have found myself saying "GAWD!" to get a cheap laugh out of my sweetie, but then stop. I can imagine that kind of thing could really get run into the ground with this movie.

actually, it seems like my group of friends are the only ones who even know this movie exists!

One of the best!!! I haven't watched it in over a month and we still quote it daily!

5 stars

i hate this movie with a passion ... it is a movie that after watching i was like "well that was a waste of money and my time."

For some reason the sheer stupidity of it just makes it so funny. The whole "Shading on the upper part of your lip"...and he's seriously proud of himself...I find myself singing that little song his brother wrote to his bride when they were getting married...and Deb was wonderful. I was captivated by her. Loved the movie.

haha i thought i was going to hate harlad and kumar.." but i laughed so hard

you can't expect much from MTV movies other than low key comedy

i think both harold and kumar and napolien dynomite are movies that you need to watch with lots of friends and their defenatly movies that you cant take seriously. if you try to take napolien dynomite seriously your going to hate it.

At first I hated it, and couldn't see the point.

Then I caught myself quoting it, there are a lot of great quotes, then I found out that I really did like it.

I guess Napoleon reminded me of me during high school :lol:.

I would have voted, but I didn't see a "negative 5 stars" answer.

I think I lost 10 points on my IQ by watching it. My gf and I watched it all the way to the end, hoping for it to get better. Kinda hoping for a "Usual Suspects" type ending. Sorely disappointed was I. We looked at each other after the movie wondering why we watched the whole thing. Our brains were numb. I didn't try to take it seriously (as mentioned above); that would be like taking an Adam Sandler or Pauly Shore movie seriously.

I could make a better movie. My 5 year old could make a better, more inteligent movie. The only reason I liked "Lost in Translation" better than Napolean Dynamite is because it had boobs in it.

Luckily I am not in high school any more as constant quoting of lines from that movie would make me punch someone (and I'm not a violent person)...

not in high school either :wink: as stated before, it is definatly a love or hate movie, but I do know a few people who HATED the movie the first time, but absolutly loved it the second time because they caught more of the details. From a technical point of view, they did a good job as well.

When Napoleon calls Pedro and Pedro is slumped on the couch in a pool of sweat staring ahead in a catatonic state - that's just funny. I don't know why it's funny, but it is.

The movie is anything but funny. It was a waste of a burned dvd.
I wish I could have that bandwidth back for more useful purposes!

but absolutly loved it the second time because they caught more of the details. From a technical point of view, they did a good job as well.
I would be in a straight jacket if I had to watch it a second time.

I can think of much more productive ways to waste my time. If they ever develop time travel, I will go into the past and warn myself not to watch this movie.

I have to agree that it's the type of movie you need to watch with a group of friends.

When one person laughs, others laugh, and it spreads, and before you know it your stomach hurts from laughing so hard.

However I still stand by my original post of it being hilarous. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom