Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
View Poll Results: Rate "Napoleon Dynamite"
1 star 4 21.05%
2 stars 2 10.53%
3 stars 2 10.53%
4 stars 5 26.32%
5 stars 6 31.58%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-21-2005, 05:54 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Napoleon Dynamite

Alright, I doubted my wife when she said she loved this movie. Now that I bought it for her for Valentine's Day I've watched it like 5 times now (that's 4½ more times than I could stomach "Lost in Translation" which supposedly was a great movie...). Something about this type of deadpan humor strikes a chord with me.

And the men who spurred us on sit in judgment of all wrong, they decide and the shotgun sings the song.

125 SW
80 lb LR
330w PC
Euphyllia, Alveopora, Pachyclauvularia (Metallic Green and Daisy), Frogspawn, Torch, Gold Nepthea, Kenya Tree, Galaxea, Pulsing Xenia, various leather (umbrella, toadstool, fingers, devil fingers, lettuce)
Maroon Clown/White tip LT anemone, Powder Blue Tang, Female Swallow Angel, SixLine Wrasse, Solar Fairy Wrasse, Firefish, Fathead Anthias, Blue Mandarin, 3 Chromis, 3 Green Gobies
Old 02-21-2005, 05:58 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

I LOVE it, but I can't watch it all the time so it stands at 4 stars for me my friends and I quote it all the time

Old 02-21-2005, 05:59 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

I thought it was the dumbest movie ever. I hate it. Everyone at school is always quoting it too. So that might have something to do with me not liking it.
Old 02-21-2005, 06:00 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I have found myself saying "GAWD!" to get a cheap laugh out of my sweetie, but then stop. I can imagine that kind of thing could really get run into the ground with this movie.

And the men who spurred us on sit in judgment of all wrong, they decide and the shotgun sings the song.

125 SW
80 lb LR
330w PC
Euphyllia, Alveopora, Pachyclauvularia (Metallic Green and Daisy), Frogspawn, Torch, Gold Nepthea, Kenya Tree, Galaxea, Pulsing Xenia, various leather (umbrella, toadstool, fingers, devil fingers, lettuce)
Maroon Clown/White tip LT anemone, Powder Blue Tang, Female Swallow Angel, SixLine Wrasse, Solar Fairy Wrasse, Firefish, Fathead Anthias, Blue Mandarin, 3 Chromis, 3 Green Gobies
Old 02-21-2005, 06:13 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to Drake
You guys are retarded!!
10 gallon-brackish, figure-eight puffer, knight goby
Old 02-21-2005, 06:18 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

actually, it seems like my group of friends are the only ones who even know this movie exists!
Old 02-21-2005, 06:18 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to flipz
One of the best!!! I haven't watched it in over a month and we still quote it daily!

5 stars
Old 02-21-2005, 08:47 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via ICQ to SerLunchbox Send a message via AIM to SerLunchbox Send a message via MSN to SerLunchbox Send a message via Yahoo to SerLunchbox
i hate this movie with a passion ... it is a movie that after watching i was like "well that was a waste of money and my time."

Tankless ... for now ... until i find what i really want (and what the wife lets me get!)
Old 02-21-2005, 09:18 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via Yahoo to Punkymom
For some reason the sheer stupidity of it just makes it so funny. The whole "Shading on the upper part of your lip"...and he's seriously proud of himself...I find myself singing that little song his brother wrote to his bride when they were getting married...and Deb was wonderful. I was captivated by her. Loved the movie.
Old 02-21-2005, 09:37 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to foma2000
that was almost the best movie of my life. besides "harald and kumar go to white cassle".

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com