Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-08-2015, 06:12 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Need help with coral freshwater

Hello every one just a quick one got my new tank up and running and now looking to build my own coral reef with all artificial corals for my freshwater tank i was thinking of using a large bogwood as a base and then glue all my new coral pieces to it but trying to no to lost any fish doing it what could i use to glue as i heard you can use two things but not to sure about them one is a hit gluegun and the other is the seal for the tank can any one help me please meny thanks russell

Sent from my SM-G900F using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Old 02-08-2015, 09:00 PM   #2
Dividing by 0
Community Admin

POTM Champion

My personal opinion: fake coral glued to wood is not going to look very good... you are mixing two things that do not occur together, FW and reef. That being said, you can use super glue or glue sticks, so long as the glue is dry before you submerge it.

I'd suggest going with either nice fake plants or even better, live plants. Resist the urge to put in fake coral. If you stick with the hobby eventually you aren't going to like it. Save the coral for when you get addicted to aquariums, and build a reef tank!

fort384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 03:54 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

Ok and i all so have one more think i have to ask if i was to make some think out of fiberglass out the water would it be safe to put in there and what paint could i use to paint it as im thinking about that too

Old 02-10-2015, 12:22 AM   #4
Dividing by 0
Community Admin

POTM Champion

I think the fiberglass would be fine. I am not sure on safe paint. The non toxic stuff won't last underwater. Someone else might be able to provide more on that.
fort384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 03:16 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

Ok tha ks mate

Tags
ate, coral, fresh, freshwater, water

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com