Need help with coral freshwater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stardaddy

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello every one just a quick one got my new tank up and running and now looking to build my own coral reef with all artificial corals for my freshwater tank i was thinking of using a large bogwood as a base and then glue all my new coral pieces to it but trying to no to lost any fish doing it what could i use to glue as i heard you can use two things but not to sure about them one is a hit gluegun and the other is the seal for the tank can any one help me please meny thanks russell

Sent from my SM-G900F using Aquarium Advice mobile app

My personal opinion: fake coral glued to wood is not going to look very good... you are mixing two things that do not occur together, FW and reef. That being said, you can use super glue or glue sticks, so long as the glue is dry before you submerge it.

I'd suggest going with either nice fake plants or even better, live plants. Resist the urge to put in fake coral. If you stick with the hobby eventually you aren't going to like it. Save the coral for when you get addicted to aquariums, and build a reef tank! :)

Ok and i all so have one more think i have to ask if i was to make some think out of fiberglass out the water would it be safe to put in there and what paint could i use to paint it as im thinking about that too

I think the fiberglass would be fine. I am not sure on safe paint. The non toxic stuff won't last underwater. Someone else might be able to provide more on that.

Ok tha ks mate

Back
Top Bottom