Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 06-09-2005, 10:10 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Need positive vibes please

I came home from work today and my BF met me at the door crying. He told me that a very close friend of ours had collapsed at work and was in the hospital in the critical care wing. He has some kind of aneurysm between the 2 frontal lobes and there is some hemhorraging and some other stuff I didn't really understand completely, we were all just kinda in shock when the doctor came in. I mean, I'm only 25 and our friend is only 24 and I've just never really thought about that sort of thing actually happening at our age (even though I know that it does). Anyway, my friend is sedated and the doctors are waiting on some test results to decide when to take him to surgery. They said he was doing really well for someone in that situation. We went and saw him tonight and it was pretty sad.

I would appreciate it if you all would send your most positive vibes his way. We've got friends lined up to stay with him 24/7 and my BF and I will be back over there tomorrow.

Old 06-09-2005, 10:19 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
Wow, sorry to hear that. Positive vibes coming his way, as well as prayer.

Old 06-09-2005, 10:34 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via AIM to RoK Send a message via MSN to RoK
I am so sorry. I really hope he will be fine and have a full recovery. I shall pray for him.
Current fish (includes all 3 running tanks): Polypterids, severums (of which I raised from eggs), gouramis, plecos (gold spot ones & a gurupa), loaches (zebras, yoyos, & a kubotai), macculocchi spotted silver dollars, an African butterfly fish, & Ctenopomas (a leopard & an ansorgii)
Old 06-10-2005, 01:00 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus
Positive vibes coming your way!

Old 06-10-2005, 01:42 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict
Thats awful. I hope your friend is ok. I am sending you all my positive vibes! I hope he has a swift recovery.
Old 06-10-2005, 01:49 AM   #6
God of primitive fishes
Send a message via MSN to Toirtis Send a message via Yahoo to Toirtis
Best wishes for your friend...that is a rather nasty surprise.
G. A. Christian Bilou, Herpetologist
Founder/Director, Reptile Rescue Alberta
Past-President, Calgary Aquarium Society
Old 06-10-2005, 05:27 AM   #7
AA Team Emeritus
(((((((((((((Positive Vibes))))))))))))))))))

Sorry to hear about this Severum
Old 06-10-2005, 05:45 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Send a message via MSN to dr_girlfriend
Thats a horrible situation. I send out prayer and hope for your friends recovery.
Fish are friends, not food

We weep for the bird's cry, but not for the blood of a fish. Blessed are those who have voice.

Pinky: "What are those Brain?" (pointing to a group of people protesting)
Brain: "People without jobs Pinky."

N. California aquarium maintenance, scuba certification, and boat services.

Need computer services in N. California? Click here!
Old 06-10-2005, 05:50 AM   #9
Aquarium Advice FINatic
So sorry to hear that. It sounds like your friend is surrounded by people who really care for him. I will be praying for him.
Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. -Pericles

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of Liberty -JFK
Old 06-10-2005, 06:16 AM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict

Well, we didn't get any calls last night so I am assuming there is no change in his condition... no news is good news I guess. I'll be at the hospital later on and I'll keep you guys posted if I get to a computer today. Thanks so much for the good vibes and prayers.

Ok, weird question... does anyone know if you can donate long dreadlocks to Locks of Love? He's got a head full of phat dreads that the doctors will have to shave off for the surgery and he's told us in the past that if he ever had to shave them off he wanted to donate them.

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com