Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-14-2011, 12:18 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Also I'm getting her more involved as well. She liked the Africans because of color and thought they looked pretty and more alive, so I re homes the convicts back to my friend and she picked out about I'd say 6 Africans and now she wants to feed them

She's just not so into the water changing lol, but I'll handle that for now. She does help though...

"When creating an aqua scape, strive for the beauty of imperfection, as its art and there is no wrong or right, it's left open for interpretation" James Findley
Convict2161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 12:21 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I have those same problems but I do have to say, 280$ for a 75 gallon really is kind of pricey...especially since it isnt complete...just my opinion

Old 11-14-2011, 12:24 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelbaker79
I have those same problems but I do have to say, 280$ for a 75 gallon really is kind of pricey...especially since it isnt complete...just my opinion
Yeah I'm not gonna go for it. I have time so I'll wait for a real good deal.

Even if I just get it and put it on storage for the time being. At least I'll have gotten something at a great price.

"When creating an aqua scape, strive for the beauty of imperfection, as its art and there is no wrong or right, it's left open for interpretation" James Findley
Old 11-14-2011, 01:02 PM   #14
jlk
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfdrookie516 View Post
Getting the wife on board is the first, and usually hardest, thing to do in the hobby. Once you do that, it's a cake walk. I got mine interested by letter her 'help' pick fish. I told her what was available to pick from and let her help me decide which to get from there. I also let her help me do water changes and try and tell her a little bit about the ecosystem every time she does. She has an OK grasp on how things work, though I haven't given her all the boring details.
Getting the wife on board is the hardest part??? How about getting my husband on board!!!! He thinks the fish & tanks & the water changes & my desire for bigger tanks is RIDICULOUS!!!! Wait til i start breeding.....LMFAO!
Old 11-14-2011, 01:06 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlk
Getting the wife on board is the hardest part??? How about getting my husband on board!!!! He thinks the fish & tanks & the water changes & my desire for bigger tanks is RIDICULOUS!!!! Wait til i start breeding.....LMFAO!
Ha!! I know the feeling!!
Old 11-14-2011, 01:10 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convict2161 View Post
Yeah I'm not gonna go for it. I have time so I'll wait for a real good deal.

Even if I just get it and put it on storage for the time being. At least I'll have gotten something at a great price.

Well, hey convict, petsmart has a marineland 60 with stand on sale for $249, or a 75 for $206, and those are brand new. I think you should get the wife more invoved, cause there's always going to be CL and/or sales...always. If you get her on board and involved, maybe she'll even want her own tank... then you two could go to town together....
Old 11-14-2011, 01:30 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict

75 for 206?! Really? I'm gonna have to look into that. I wonder if the one by me has it. I'm gonna call.

Old 11-14-2011, 01:31 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlk
LOL!! That's how my wife feels! I'm talking to her down and she's staring me down lol!! She goes your on that fish thingy again aren't you?! Hahaha!!

Old 11-14-2011, 01:57 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
75 for 206?! Really? I'm gonna have to look into that. I wonder if the one by me has it. I'm gonna call.
Ahem...... already forget that you said this?

Quote:
Going to stick with the tank I have as I put A LOT of time,thought and effort into it and I do really love the way it came out.

And your soooooo right! A happy wife = a happy life!!
75: blood parrots, featherfin cat, emperor tetras, turquoise rainbowfish, BN plecos, japanese trapdoor; 46: WCMM, gold inca snails, ghost, bamboo & amano shrimp, kuhli loaches, rummynose & ember tetras, endlers, platies, flame gourami, guppies; 16: pygmy, peppered, loxozonus corys, otos, assassins, RCS ... ~ Research PRIOR to purchase.... ~
LyndaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 02:03 PM   #20
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

Quote:
A happy wife = a happy life!!
Only when she's around. Otherwise, a happy wife = an unhappy wallet.

"What, exactly, is the internet? Basically it is a global network exchanging digitized data in such a way that any computer, anywhere, that is equipped with a device called a 'modem', can make a noise like a duck choking on a kazoo." - Dave Barry
mfdrookie516 is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com