Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-17-2011, 04:14 AM   #41
Aquarium Advice Addict

Congrats on the new tank

Old 11-17-2011, 06:59 AM   #42
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by garfy
Congrats on the new tank
Thank you!

"When creating an aqua scape, strive for the beauty of imperfection, as its art and there is no wrong or right, it's left open for interpretation" James Findley
Convict2161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 09:25 AM   #43
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convict2161 View Post
So just move everything over? Water and all? Can I do that and then add all my fish into the new tank all at once?I'm worried about stressing them.
When I've upgraded with existing stock, which I've done many times now, I've just moved 50% of the water, sometimes the substrate, sometimes not, usually the decor, all of the filter media, and the fish to the new tank. Voila, instant cycle. I've never even gone into a mini cycle.

Quote:
I promised the wife this is it.
Liar, liar, pants on fire.....
75: blood parrots, featherfin cat, emperor tetras, turquoise rainbowfish, BN plecos, japanese trapdoor; 46: WCMM, gold inca snails, ghost, bamboo & amano shrimp, kuhli loaches, rummynose & ember tetras, endlers, platies, flame gourami, guppies; 16: pygmy, peppered, loxozonus corys, otos, assassins, RCS ... ~ Research PRIOR to purchase.... ~
LyndaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 10:00 AM   #44
Aquarium Advice Addict

Thanks! And I promise this is it! LoL!! She said to me you said that 3x's!! Haha

"When creating an aqua scape, strive for the beauty of imperfection, as its art and there is no wrong or right, it's left open for interpretation" James Findley
Old 11-17-2011, 04:46 PM   #45
Aquarium Advice Addict

Here's the stand WE BOTH agreed on. What do you guys/gals think?

Attachment 61654

Old 11-17-2011, 04:49 PM   #46
Aquarium Advice Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convict2161
Nice. Has to match the rest of the room. I understand completely. Hahaha!
Mumma.of.two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 04:51 PM   #47
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumma.of.two

Nice. Has to match the rest of the room. I understand completely. Hahaha!
Oh yea! Haha it sure did! Wasn't cheap either. Thing weighs a ton!! All solid pine. But hey she gave in so I gave in. We both gave a little. And I got her a spa day for after thanksgiving

That's the day stand comes in... Get it?

Old 11-17-2011, 04:53 PM   #48
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:

Attachment 61654
That's the exact stand (color, too) that I have for my 75..... spooooooooooooky......
75: blood parrots, featherfin cat, emperor tetras, turquoise rainbowfish, BN plecos, japanese trapdoor; 46: WCMM, gold inca snails, ghost, bamboo & amano shrimp, kuhli loaches, rummynose & ember tetras, endlers, platies, flame gourami, guppies; 16: pygmy, peppered, loxozonus corys, otos, assassins, RCS ... ~ Research PRIOR to purchase.... ~
Old 11-17-2011, 04:54 PM   #49
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyndaB

That's the exact stand (color, too) that I have for my 75..... spooooooooooooky......
Hahaha!! Great minds...

Also painting the back of tank a deep aqua blue this weekend. Picked up 2 cans of spray!! Whoo Hoo!!! Can't wait!! She ordered me a 15 pack of Cichlid stone caves. I'm gonna cut back on the decor to allow for more swimming room.

Old 11-17-2011, 04:57 PM   #50
Aquarium Advice Addict

Plus...... get this, I live about 1 1/2 hours from you..... if you tell me where you live, I can come knock on your door and go to the spa with your wife..... I figure I've given you decent advice over all these years and you owe me.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com