need to stop lol

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sarahh

Aquarium Advice Freak
So at the moment in the house i have... sigh...
120g
75g
55g
45g
30g
10g
1g

And the weird thing is now that ppl know i have fish, i keep getting offers of fish and tanks.

and tday i got on CL and there were 3 peole giving away fish.. i mean REALLY.. help me out!! one guy was giving away a 10 g with 4 fish.. i had to put the computer down!!

Now the 45 g is going asap, but what am i going to do with myself lol

Yes, you do need to stop...stop turning off the computer. You'll never get through Craigslist that way :lol: :multi:

lolowli.jpg

HAHA, very well put... I agree with the others, you CANNOT have too many tanks. What kind of MTS advocate puts down their computer because they find free and cheap tanks? If anything take the free tanks, clean them up, and sell them! That will help pay for things, has for me :)

HAHA, very well put... I agree with the others, you CANNOT have too many tanks. What kind of MTS advocate puts down their computer because they find free and cheap tanks?

I do, because if i even talk about getting another tank then my mom might just hurt me. lol.

You cannot have too many tanks, however the people around you often tend to disagree. This is the first sign of MTS. :)

I was that way years ago growing up. My parents would not let my brother and I have a dog or cat so we tricked them into letting us have an aquarium.

It started of with me and a 10g. My brother a few months later got a 5g. Then it went through the roof.

I was about 17 and my brother was 12 when we had this list:

100, 55, 50, 29, two 20's, two 15's, and two 10's. And my brother an I paid for all of these with our own money. Of course my parents paid the electric and water bills but they did not buy any of our supplies.

At one point they were scattered all over the house but eventually were all located in the basement.

Now I have a 150, 120, 50, 30, and a 20. I am only running the 120 right now but will be getting the 150 and 50 up in the next month. Then will build a stand for the 30 and 20 to use as hospital tanks.

I do, because if i even talk about getting another tank then my mom might just hurt me. lol.

My wife used to be the same way.. she's started coming around though. She is begging me to buy more fish for my 150g! She even told me she would be upset if i didnt finish stocking it soon

hangs head...

i went to pick up some free fish today..

they are pretty fricking awesome. There is an angel fish that is as big as my hand, and a silver dollar about an inch smaller. plus black skirt tetras, australian rainbowfish and some green cories.

Hubby is going to flip his lid. But i was swayed by the angel fish. He always wanted one. Pics will follow, they are just hiding in the dark for now. they wuz stressed.

Ahhh Sarah, you make me laugh!

"they are pretty fricking awesome."

LMAO! :D

And congrats on your new fish! You will have to post pics. ;)

My wife used to be the same way.. she's started coming around though. She is begging me to buy more fish for my 150g! She even told me she would be upset if i didnt finish stocking it soon

You can tell when the significant others are starting to come around when they start telling you that you need more fish. My fiance just bought me all of my boesemani rainbows :new-bday:

lol viper.
for all there are pics on my profile of the newbies.
ANd Viper, my husband decided that we would visit every walmart on a trip to chattanooga to "rescue" any cichlids being kept in terrible conditions.. lol

Sounds like a good man! Mine won't let me in the pet stores when he is with me LOL.

Sounds like my wife.

IMO: MTS is not a diease, we are adoptive parents of fish that otherwise would go to neglective, abusive homes. We do a favor to ther aquarium community, to the to the nation. We with MTS, we are heros.

aww... see i LOVE this website. Makes me feel like less of a dork. (sorry, we're all dorks.. i don't know if y'all got the memo :lol:)

I am this close to reporting a local walmart though... they told me it was "too hard" to clean a Betta bowl. i was like "if you can't see the fish through the algae, you need to clean it."
stupid stinkyfaces:(
* writing down Lowryder's advice *

I have all of you beat...

1 15 gallon
2 5 gallon
1 2.5 gallon..

Wait we were going for the most amount of tanks...? Crap I thought it was golf scoring. :lol:

But then again, I am in a dorm room so I can't really have anything too big.

Back
Top Bottom