Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-08-2012, 05:28 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Activist

So sorry about your fish That is very sad.

Old 02-08-2012, 11:40 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Regular

Oh I'm so sorry. I just posted a few days ago about how to euthanize my beloved Oranda. My husband pulled the same Stuff in these parts. Unfortunately, for us, things go wrong, fortunately for our pets, they get the best we can give. Don't beat yourself up girl, clearly your buddy had a good life and nobody needs to judge you. I put my guy through newbie hell before I got a grasp on soooo much. Keep fighting the good fight.

XO

Old 02-09-2012, 05:34 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Freak

My 13 year old (yes I'm not kidding) kuhli loach passed today and my wife said sorry but it's a dumb fish get over it. She doesn't understand he was my little buddy had him in 6 different tanks, three states, moved 6 times with him and survived the beer spill incident back in my college days. When fish live that long you can't help but get attached. I'm sorry for your loss.
Old 02-09-2012, 12:44 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discusapisto
My 13 year old (yes I'm not kidding) kuhli loach passed today and my wife said sorry but it's a dumb fish get over it. She doesn't understand he was my little buddy had him in 6 different tanks, three states, moved 6 times with him and survived the beer spill incident back in my college days. When fish live that long you can't help but get attached. I'm sorry for your loss.
They just don't get it.
Old 02-09-2012, 05:00 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Jlsardina
I understand your pain. Just recently I found my wrasse on the glass center brace of the tank. My husband didn't understand. His solution was to go out and buy another fish for the tank and surprise me. However, that wrasse isn't reef safe. So now, even though he meant well- I have a deceased fish and another I have to try to catch
Old 02-14-2012, 03:02 AM   #16
Aquarium Advice Freak

Hey everyone. Thank you so much for caring. Thank you for sharing your losses. It is so very heartbeaking. Ya know? I never would have thought I'd ever be attached to fish. Then, my son got a fish tank and I ended up falling in love with fish and now have names for all my fish. Our Pleco was "Egor". The kids named him. It has been a week now and everytime I walk passed where he I found him, I get sick to my stomache. I know it will pass.

I am sorry that each of you have also experienced losses of your beloved fish. My husband didn't understand, but you all did and it was good to see I am not a nut after all; that there are many others who trully love their fish too.

Thank you sooooo much for you support.

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com