Networking How-To

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK this is weird... It worked when I had the desktop disabled and the laptop enabled (The firewalls). Now I flipped it around... Laptop Disabled... Desktop Enabled...

It works.

When both are on, are they telling each other not to allow it or somethin?

Now this is even MORE weird...

Now they are both on, and its working................ I didnt change anything.

Your LAN's traffic will have the first three sets of numbers as your laptop's ip (ie, the x's in x.x.x.1). Are most of those connections actually from your LAN or does it list WAN connections too?

You can show IPs for your LAN to make helping easier. You can change the addresses later from the router if you want.

http://www.kerio.com/supp_kpf_manual.html -- See page 52 for a primer of where we're going.

I think its both WAN and LAN.

They are not all the same numbers and differ from each other sometimes (It seems as if most of them repeat themselves over and over)

Do you have a IM handle? Maybe you can use remote assistance to help me out, lol.

Oh yea, its not working again, maybe it takes a bit for the settings to get refreshed. So I guess the desktop firewall is still the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom