New 19G/72L Fluval Edge 3 FINALLY coming soon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Autumnsky

Site Team
Delay after delay, after delay....

New tanks are coming soon!!! New scheduled date January 2016.

Edge Plant and Edge Reef tanks.

Here is a crudy pic I took of the Reef tank at MACNA September 2014!!! Yes 14 not 15. This was supposed to come out 2015 January.
60074-albums14113-picture67373.jpg

Plant tank is bright green here you can see more info. Better pics!!!

Hagen announces new larger Fluval EDGE tanks with LED light and Simpletec filter

I know what I want for Christmas, or birthday next year!!!

Last edited:
That's some awesome tanks! Though most everything tank related with Hagen comes with a pretty price tag.

Caleb

I did know about these last year..couldn't figure out why I was never seeing them for sale. I wish they offered more colors.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Long over due update which is really no new news

Same comment from the company as last YEAR!!!

Here is the exact letter from Hagan /Fluval:

We thank you for taking the time to contact us.

The estimated release date for the Edge 19 gallon is later on this year, sometime in the Fall/Winter. I do not have an exact date unfortunately to offer to you at this time.

I apologize.

Thank you,
Caren Arsenault
Customer Service
Rolf C. Hagen (USA) Corp.

~~~~~~

So incredibly disappointed as I have resisted other options waiting for all the bells and whistles for this one.

:(

It was really beautiful and it is an all in one design geared towards growing plants for the planted version. Love all my other tanks from Fluval. Want the SEA version too :)

Been waiting TWO YEARS!!! It better come out soon. I will send another email if there is finally a date yet.

don't think I would have been patient almost 2 years , I would have been freaking out by now lol :eek:

and here I am stressing out over a delivery a hour late lmao

Save

Lol - I think a couple of months is all I could handle. Some stuff takes that long so I like to forward plan my impulse buys. Two years is waaaay long time.

The longest time EVER!!! Still no word, not sure but I signed up for all the latest emails, just so I wouldn't miss it.

It better not be TOO expensive I will be really annoyed! The last thing I need is another fish tank, lol. But I need-want it. ;) YOU all know...

Well I am laughing and crying at the same time, figuratively speaking.

I need a new tank asap, and thought maybe as was stated previously for the last couple years now..... will be released by the "end" of the year - NOT!!!

Here is the final response for the year 2016... From Hagan Customer Service Depart.

"We thank you for taking the time to contact us.

Unfortunately we are still waiting for this tank to be released. It appears it is still a number of months away at this time. I do not think it will be released until at least the spring/summer of 2017. I apologize."

Waaaaaaa!!!!!!! My hopes are dashed. Maybe I will need to review my tank needs.

Really wanted a FW & SW of these tanks and wanted the chunk of money I was gonna spend to go that, but as noticed I have waited soooooo long from their promises, I bet it won't come out at all.

That is my assessment - never coming out! They will just hope everyone will forget about it. I am wondering if they have still been showing them off at the trade shows?!?

Any how, just my whining and grumpy feelings about the HUGE, HUGE, HUGE disappointment.

Now I will be looking at other tank/manufacturer options for my needs. Feeling like my patience is worn through. ARRRGGGH!

Yes, possibly. The new tanks are getting expensive if you want a matching stand as well. My budget isn't $700 plus. So for right now I won't worry about it though will keep my eyes open for a used set up upgrade. I will use my rimless 12g low iron glass tank after replacing the broken bottom and buy a new light. For a short term solution. (I have fish tank depression :/ )

Yes, possibly. The new tanks are getting expensive if you want a matching stand as well. My budget isn't $700 plus. So for right now I won't worry about it though will keep my eyes open for a used set up upgrade. I will use my rimless 12g low iron glass tank after replacing the broken bottom and buy a new light. For a short term solution. (I have fish tank depression :/ )

Small change :) Been looking at lights that are 4 grand wondering what the heck do you get for that. Same with tanks - how can some glass and glue be that expensive??

Wow, haven't gone to that large of tank to see those prices. I am about to faint from the shock! That's a crazy number. For just a part of the tank!

In the future, if I find the best deal and get a huge tank like yours Delapool, or bigger, I may find the same sticker shock. I better start keeping my eyes open for that now.

During the additonal few years since the Edge 3 tank was said to be coming out I imagine there will be an additional $150 or so higher than the estimate for it back then. (If it ever comes out ;) )

If there are further updates for this maybe never coming out tank, I will update this thread. And let everyone know all the details.

The planted tank version was a bright "lime" type green color and although it was an impressive sight it was the mumbles of everyone looking at it that the color would be hard to fit in to the average household decor. My opinion it should come in a steel/graphite grey, black of course and white to be great looking for both the Planted and SW but able to be in the middle of a living room.

Back
Top Bottom