Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-07-2004, 12:10 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to oscarbreeder
LOL!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/kyman_33/sig.jpg
Old 06-07-2004, 01:36 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to deli_conker
I did a DIY stand not too long ago. It's not that hard at all. I planned it out and then went to home depot. I grabbed the wood/MDF I needed and had them cut it to size.

I used a cordless drill ($30) and some exterior decking screws ($6). Predrilled the holes and then screwed and glued (wood glue - stole from my mom) it together.

Including the tools, screws, wood, paint etc. I ended up building it for under $60. Aside from the wood and MDF, I have everything else around for the next project.

I have a picture of the frame in the DIY section. I only have one post in there so it shouldn't be hard to find. Took me a couple days to build after procuring all the necessary items.

Think about it. It's not difficult at all and there are plenty of resources here and elsewhere concerning it.

I'd give that guy a week to figure out where all that stuff/respond to your email. After that I would leave negative feedback. Not venomnous, just the facts...

good luck

Old 06-07-2004, 01:53 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice Addict

Here are some plans for a 75g stand fo 0.99cents.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...305802438&rd=1
Old 06-07-2004, 03:26 PM   #24
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to deli_conker
you could also try

http://www.garf.org

Look in thier "how to pages" then click "aquarium construction & tips"

Click on the DIY stand building page. They have a calculator that will tell you how much wood and what size cuts to make for their plan...
Old 06-07-2004, 07:47 PM   #25
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to lyquidphyre
Thanks for all your light hearted comments.. they make it easier to laugh at the really cruddy situation =o)

I actually found another site that I like better than garf.. but it seems a little pricey.. I will definatly look at all those links ya'll sent me

As for negative feedback... if I do anything negative I will report him to ebay and get a full refund AND keep the tank. That is why Im waiting for him to at least TRY and make a deal. If anything, I will pay for the shipping (not to exceed the ebay auction price) and maybe $10 more. Im gunna give him enough warning and then report him. Im going to try and do it all online so I have written documentation and what not.

If I can make a nice stand for less than $100 I will feel a lot better about everything else I might end up buying.
*goes to check out links*

Old 06-07-2004, 07:50 PM   #26
Aquarium Advice Addict

Hehe, maybe the way to make the money I need to get this tank started up I could earn buy building $40 and selling them for $100 hehe

Old 06-07-2004, 07:57 PM   #27
Aquarium Advice Addict

Make sure to sell him one for $400

Click HERE to vote for Aquarium Advice!
Old 06-07-2004, 11:01 PM   #28
Aquarium Advice Addict

Haha good idea!

I just wrote Ebay a letter just because I don't want it to be "too late" to take action if the seller doesn't want to try and find the lights and ship them to me. So maybe this will all work out for the best.

I just want the lights and filter.. thats all I ask. I can deal with out the stand.. just the lights and filter

Old 06-08-2004, 08:52 PM   #29
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
I just want the lights and filter.. thats all I ask. I can deal with out the stand.. just the lights and filter
Don't comprimise, the guys ripping you off...you should get everything you won in the bid and at a reduced price since he gave you the run around and made you drive 4 hours or what ever for almost nothing. gte everything you can and leave a negative feed back anyway, though i doubt he cares
Old 06-09-2004, 12:38 AM   #30
Aquarium Advice Addict

Im leaving negative feedback and reported him. After I get all the information from the other guy who bought the 55gal (updated the first entry) I might call and demand a refund or I dunno

Closed Thread

Tags
75g, 75gal

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com