New 75gal problem- UPDATE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I did a DIY stand not too long ago. It's not that hard at all. I planned it out and then went to home depot. I grabbed the wood/MDF I needed and had them cut it to size.

I used a cordless drill ($30) and some exterior decking screws ($6). Predrilled the holes and then screwed and glued (wood glue - stole from my mom) it together.

Including the tools, screws, wood, paint etc. I ended up building it for under $60. Aside from the wood and MDF, I have everything else around for the next project.

I have a picture of the frame in the DIY section. I only have one post in there so it shouldn't be hard to find. Took me a couple days to build after procuring all the necessary items.

Think about it. It's not difficult at all and there are plenty of resources here and elsewhere concerning it.

I'd give that guy a week to figure out where all that stuff/respond to your email. After that I would leave negative feedback. Not venomnous, just the facts...

good luck

you could also try

http://www.garf.org

Look in thier "how to pages" then click "aquarium construction & tips"

Click on the DIY stand building page. They have a calculator that will tell you how much wood and what size cuts to make for their plan...

Thanks for all your light hearted comments.. they make it easier to laugh at the really cruddy situation =o)

I actually found another site that I like better than garf.. but it seems a little pricey.. I will definatly look at all those links ya'll sent me

As for negative feedback... if I do anything negative I will report him to ebay and get a full refund AND keep the tank. That is why Im waiting for him to at least TRY and make a deal. If anything, I will pay for the shipping (not to exceed the ebay auction price) and maybe $10 more. Im gunna give him enough warning and then report him. Im going to try and do it all online so I have written documentation and what not.

If I can make a nice stand for less than $100 I will feel a lot better about everything else I might end up buying.
*goes to check out links*

Hehe, maybe the way to make the money I need to get this tank started up I could earn buy building $40 and selling them for $100 hehe

Haha good idea!

I just wrote Ebay a letter just because I don't want it to be "too late" to take action if the seller doesn't want to try and find the lights and ship them to me. So maybe this will all work out for the best.

I just want the lights and filter.. thats all I ask. I can deal with out the stand.. just the lights and filter

I just want the lights and filter.. thats all I ask. I can deal with out the stand.. just the lights and filter
Don't comprimise, the guys ripping you off...you should get everything you won in the bid and at a reduced price since he gave you the run around and made you drive 4 hours or what ever for almost nothing. gte everything you can and leave a negative feed back anyway, though i doubt he cares

Im leaving negative feedback and reported him. After I get all the information from the other guy who bought the 55gal (updated the first entry) I might call and demand a refund or I dunno

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom