Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-22-2011, 08:05 AM   #91
Aquarium Advice Addict

I wouldn't hold your breath for a FW tank on "Tanked". The FW fish aren't exotic enough for their extremely wealthy clients. The people that can afford those huge custome tanks, can also afford for someone else to care for their fish. So they don't really care if one fish costs $500.00 or more, if it dies eh, buy a new one.

Old 08-22-2011, 12:02 PM   #92
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by WendiDell
I wouldn't hold your breath for a FW tank on "Tanked". The FW fish aren't exotic enough for their extremely wealthy clients. The people that can afford those huge custome tanks, can also afford for someone else to care for their fish. So they don't really care if one fish costs $500.00 or more, if it dies eh, buy a new one.
Your comepletely rite

Old 08-22-2011, 01:08 PM   #93
Aquarium Advice Addict

Thanks, I'm sorry that I am though.
Maybe if enough of us FW lovers email the show, they may do a little blurb just for us to keep us happy. Although they've probably never built a FW tank, ever.
Old 08-22-2011, 01:25 PM   #94
Aquarium Advice Addict

It would be really nice if they did, but I doubt it, I mean what would you rather see, a car full of tetras and discus or tangs and eels and damsels and anthias and triggers!?
Old 08-22-2011, 01:38 PM   #95
Aquarium Advice Activist

I would rather see practical tanks that you can actually maintain and enjoy.

I can see it now...Tanked is going to turn into Pimp My Tank.

"We're going to put a fish tank in side of your fish tank so you can watch your fish while you're watching your fish."
Old 08-22-2011, 01:40 PM   #96
Aquarium Advice Addict

75: blood parrots, featherfin cat, emperor tetras, turquoise rainbowfish, BN plecos, japanese trapdoor; 46: WCMM, gold inca snails, ghost, bamboo & amano shrimp, kuhli loaches, rummynose & ember tetras, endlers, platies, flame gourami, guppies; 16: pygmy, peppered, loxozonus corys, otos, assassins, RCS ... ~ Research PRIOR to purchase.... ~
LyndaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 03:25 PM   #97
Daphnia are People Too.
Community Moderator

POTM Champion

Most shows are ultimatley about entertainment, and so is this one. Despite that, I still like it. I can understand if somebody does not like the characters, but I personally do.
Just for the record, it is not entirely fair to judge all their clients and say they don't care about the fish. The show takes places over days to weeks and is edited into about 40 minutes. Just because somebody does things differently than most of us do does mean that they don't care.
The company specializes in sw. I doubt they will do fw because it is NOT their speciality. Also, it is based on the crazy things that people ASKED them to do. People seem to know them a sw tank company, so people will ask them for sw tanks. Would I love to see a fw set-up? YES. But, if I had money for a huge one, I would ask a company who specializes in FW to build it for me.
And hey, I understand what everybody is saying, and you make perfectly valid points. I am just saying that we shouldn't jump to judgement on the clients. I am guessing somebody will rant at me for saying this, but I felt it needed to be said.
Old 08-22-2011, 03:41 PM   #98
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by absolutangel04 View Post
Most shows are ultimatley about entertainment, and so is this one. Despite that, I still like it. I can understand if somebody does not like the characters, but I personally do.
Just for the record, it is not entirely fair to judge all their clients and say they don't care about the fish. The show takes places over days to weeks and is edited into about 40 minutes. Just because somebody does things differently than most of us do does mean that they don't care.
The company specializes in sw. I doubt they will do fw because it is NOT their speciality. Also, it is based on the crazy things that people ASKED them to do. People seem to know them a sw tank company, so people will ask them for sw tanks. Would I love to see a fw set-up? YES. But, if I had money for a huge one, I would ask a company who specializes in FW to build it for me.
And hey, I understand what everybody is saying, and you make perfectly valid points. I am just saying that we shouldn't jump to judgement on the clients. I am guessing somebody will rant at me for saying this, but I felt it needed to be said.
thank you for saving me a lot of typing
Old 08-22-2011, 06:14 PM   #99
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by WendiDell View Post
The people that can afford those huge custome tanks, can also afford for someone else to care for their fish. So they don't really care if one fish costs $500.00 or more, if it dies eh, buy a new one.
What are you basing this on? Are you saying that people with a lot of money don't care for fish like those that don't? I'd be willing to be they care a lot more about them than you say. That comment is just ridiculous

"What, exactly, is the internet? Basically it is a global network exchanging digitized data in such a way that any computer, anywhere, that is equipped with a device called a 'modem', can make a noise like a duck choking on a kazoo." - Dave Barry
mfdrookie516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 06:57 PM   #100
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfdrookie516
What are you basing this on? Are you saying that people with a lot of money don't care for fish like those that don't? I'd be willing to be they care a lot more about them than you say. That comment is just ridiculous
Ya that one couple spent 30 grand on the 4 quarantine tanks. Guessing they care. Plus the prob hundreds of thousands on the other tanks they had built.

Tags
fish, tan, television

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com