new animal planet show = tanked

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Really good show! but I agree they should do more alittle more African tanks, and not put fake baseballs and foot balls in them... Lol, and more live coral rather than all the fake stuff

River Monsters is AWESOME, Jeremy is the man and has a lot of great knowledge.

I like the idea behind "Tanked", but the guys get on my nerves. They're trying too hard to be TV personalities, and I really don't think they know much about fish, just actual tanks. But still, it's nice to see an aquarium show on TV and they do build pretty cool tanks.

Cool

I am new to this forum is this a american thing?
:eek: sounds so cool!

You're new? Says your an Aquarium Advice Freak.

And I think it's an american show, it's on Animal Planet, do you guys get that? you can watch some clips here, but warning, these guys can be ANNOYING.

jetajockey said:
Like any other reality show, its all in the editing.

It's not in the editing, it's actually just not cycled. They do fish in cycling which makes them more money since they have to keep coming back every few days.

Ibrahim said:
It's not in the editing, it's actually just not cycled. They do fish in cycling which makes them more money since they have to keep coming back every few days.

Remember the phone booth tank? It was sold on eBay two weeks later cause the 100's of fish all died. The tanks are truly not cycled. Fun to watch- but some of it makes me cringe :(

jetajockey said:
Every reality show has tons of editing in it. Whether they cycle tanks or not, I've no idea, I've never hired them. My point was that its never as simple as its portrayed to be on TV.

+1 too true

You're new? Says your an Aquarium Advice Freak.

And I think it's an american show, it's on Animal Planet, do you guys get that? you can watch some clips here, but warning, these guys can be ANNOYING.

Only been here a few weeks.

I comment lots so my posts are up and My title soon will be addict! :dance:

I post lots and lots thats why I have such a high number of post also I didnt have a clue about what you was on about thought it was somekind of competition

I really like the big reef tank they did for the chinese? couple. The fungshei (sp?) tank.

What bothers me though is they always theme it, or do artificial corals 99% of the time, use water straight out of the tap, and do not cycle the tank, or practice quarantining.

Great show though, I'd gladly take any of those tanks!! I wonder how they get away without cycling.

When I was younger I just use to chuck fish in from the bag and they all lived. Whenever i felt like i wanted more I would put some in.

I would never dare do that now but ya know

Fishy Aston said:
Only been here a few weeks.

I comment lots so my posts are up and My title soon will be addict! :dance:

I post lots and lots thats why I have such a high number of post also I didnt have a clue about what you was on about thought it was somekind of competition

'Tis true! Fishy is every where! Not that it is a bad thing lol. How else do we learn?

tanked is coming back on April 14th, everyone check it out:)

Love the show! Im up in the clouds to here its back on the air! Long off-season though. I like to see the tanks, but the guys seem to have little to none in expirience with fish. The coral inserts are ugly, just too fakish. All in all, id pay to have these guys BUILD me a tank, but ill be the one who adds the fish and coral.

Hi everyone,

I enjoyed watching season 1 of tanked and I am glad they are coming back with season 2. Some of the tanks (skateboarding ramp, school bus, juke box) are a little extreme but others are a little more practical. They don't show you the behind the scene stuff of the tank cycling. It may take them a month or so before they add fish so they speed it up for filming..I kind of like the fake coral idea since the average person they build the tank for may not have a clue of taking care of corals and stuff they just want pretty fish. Yeah seeing more freshwater tanks would be nice also.

Just my 2 cents and still an entertaining show to watch..

Yah the skateboarding ramp was definitely overboard. Those ffish must be soooo stressed out. I want to go and work at the warehouse where theg buy the fish!!! That place looks like heaven

Back
Top Bottom