new animal planet show = tanked

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The series starts Aug. 19Th at 6:00pm PDT with "Swimming with the sharks".
The second show, also Aug. 19Th , but at 7:00pm PDT is "Brett Takes a Dive".
The third show is Aug. 26Th at 6:00pm PDT, called "Rules of Engagement".
The rest is to get us all interested, which it seems to have done pretty well.

Different cable providers have slightly different schedules I have learned. I have Direct TV and it wasn't on, but my bf has Charter and they played am episode. It confuses me, but I did see an episode. I am sure it was some sort of intro thing, but I still liked it. They talked about quarantine tanks!

Different cable providers have slightly different schedules I have learned. I have Direct TV and it wasn't on, but my bf has Charter and they played am episode. It confuses me, but I did see an episode. I am sure it was some sort of intro thing, but I still liked it. They talked about quarantine tanks!

That figures :facepalm:, so much for helping each other find the show. You'd think that if they had the Animal Planet channel, they'd have the same shows.
There are so many different cable providers:banghead:, there's no way to give anyone any concrete information. That kind of bites!!! IMO

Well at least the Animal Channel part should be the same, along with the name of the show. I HOPE

That figures :facepalm:, so much for helping each other find the show. You'd think that if they had the Animal Planet channel, they'd have the same shows.
There are so many different cable providers:banghead:, there's no way to give anyone any concrete information. That kind of bites!!! IMO

Well at least the Animal Channel part should be the same, along with the name of the show. I HOPE
Yeah, i am pretty perplexed by this. If I had not seen it for myself, I might not even believe me!

I'll do some research online about the show, see what I can find out. Then I'll get back to you all with anything I can find out.
Please give ma a day or two.

OK All, I found the Animal Planet/Tanked website. It has all kinds of things, like:
TV Shows, TV Schedules, Pets 101, Wild Animals, Games, Video, Roar, Newsletters, Shop.
It says when and where the show is on. and there is a place to do a search for more answers, if you need them.

http://www.animal.discovery.com/tv/tanked/

I hope this helps, it had more info. in one place than any other site I looked at.:D

I just seen one of the episodes last friday, the 12th. on Animal Planet HD. For reference I have Comcast Cable.

Honestly. I wasn't that impressed. It seems like Orange County Choppers with aquariums. :( Seemed to focus more on the "oooh" aspect of aquariums and the drama between the employees at the company. Just another reality show, with a different twist. I hope it gets better. Also, they really only focused on SW tanks. The tanks that usually grab peoples attention.

The tanks they did show were purchased by people with tons of money who only wanted a show piece. Heck, the one couple spent over $30,000 for a dumb quarantine setup. The kicker is...they didn't even pick out their fish. They had the hosts of the show go get them.

What person who spends that much, and loves their fish that much doesn't pick out the fish? Ahhh. :rolleyes:

The other customers were the couple who own 720 motorsports. They got a tank put inside of a car. Cool but pointless. Even then, they put the fish right in. No cycling, nothing. I'm not a SW guy but don't you need to add something to cycle it? They filled it with a hose, then plopped them in. Maybe they cut some stuff out for time, but that doesn't reflect well on them by not showing the proper procedure.

NOTE: The show focuses on ATM (Acrylic Tank Manufacturing) out of Las Vegas, NV. That should give you an idea of where the show is headed. :banghead: Basically outrageous tanks for people with outrageous amounts of money and zero interest in fish.

Here's the website.
~~~~ Acrylic Tank Manufacturing - Las Vegas ~~~~

did anyone see the part of the preview where the archways in the building had the fish swimming in them? the top of the wall and the rounded archways were the tank?
That looked so cool...I thought it said Friday at 9:00 though..was gonna DVR that..

I believe that one was actually in a church. If you check out ATM's website, they have some shots of it. Not sure how I feel about that. . .

i have comcast and for some odd reason, it wont give me a schedule of shows for anything past 48 hours....stupid

Check Discovery channel and see if it's listed for you.

9 PM Swimming with the Sharks
TV-PG, CC

Wayde and Brett explore the other side of the law and design a 1000 gallon mob inspired tank, Heather reluctantly enters a shark tank to help place inserts, and the ATM team gives a relocated New York family a one of a kind NYC themed Phone Booth Aquarium

10 PM Brett Takes a Dive
TV-PG, CC

A quarantine tank for some hands on clients has the ATM team wishing for solitary confinement, Brett buys a clunker to build a car theme tank in record time without considering the consequences, and Brett is nervous to use his new scuba skills.

I believe it is on at 9 pm pacific and eastern time, I'm in the central time zone, which is an hour earlier. Used my t v guide and the right arrow button to check, tanked is on at 8 pm here. :)

ocean said:
I believe it is on at 9 pm pacific and eastern time, I'm in the central time zone, which is an hour earlier. Used my t v guide and the right arrow button to check, tanked is on at 8 pm here. :)

On animal planet cause it's not here in nova scotia

Back
Top Bottom