new animal planet show = tanked

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
^^^
yes, the only problem was the decor/ornaments.
It looked so tacky with the coral decorations in a freshwater aquarium.
If they used driftwood or rocks e.g. limestone rocks, that would have been much better

They used the coral to keep inline with the "Man cave" sports theme. That would have been very difficult if not impossible with the standard Cichlid rocks.
Decor aside, it was a very cool looking tank and making it also a functioning beer tap was a nice touch.
I'm sure if some asks them to build a natural look Cichlid tank they'd leave fake coral out.

I loved the design of the 'Beer Keg / Wine Barrel' tank. Especially with the functional "tap".

My only wish was that it was more natural with the decorations. That would have been PERFECT!

They used the coral to keep inline with the "Man cave" sports theme. That would have been very difficult if not impossible with the standard Cichlid rocks.
Decor aside, it was a very cool looking tank and making it also a functioning beer tap was a nice touch.
I'm sure if some asks them to build a natural look Cichlid tank they'd leave fake coral out.
I sure hope so. It'll be great when they finally make a regular freshwater tank.

I saw episode four last night and had a puzzling thought about the cichlid tank, isn't that tank far too narrow for the fish? I mean in all my research Africans like long tanks, I also noticed how they were all crowding around the bottom of the tank. Thoughts?

pictuslover23 said:
I saw episode four last night and had a puzzling thought about the cichlid tank, isn't that tank far too narrow for the fish? I mean in all my research Africans like long tanks, I also noticed how they were all crowding around the bottom of the tank. Thoughts?

I'm sure any animal welfare organization and bright-minded fish keeper disagrees with their business practice but it's a tv show designed to make money, as unfortunate for the fish as it may be.

I'm sure any animal welfare organization and bright-minded fish keeper disagrees with their business practice but it's a tv show designed to make money, as unfortunate for the fish as it may be.
Yea, thry build beautiful aquariums with extraordinary fish for inexperienced owners.

It's the same thing as local fish shops selling a 10g tank, a piranha and 12 goldfish to an 8 year old. If they want to stay in business they have to sell to their customers. I cant really blame them one bit because At the end of the day it's our duty as pet owners to be informed.

Yes nd wontthat just end up with dead fish or at least agression, males males males? Right?

Yea i know guppies or mollies would be better, not really manly but you put wat you can in the tank not wether it was manly

How big was the tank they were in? I know it wasnt long enough, but it wasn't overly small. It seems like they build most of their tanks vertically, and not horizontally

Back
Top Bottom