Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-20-2011, 01:13 AM   #81
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Well I had to find the episode online it was really good can't find swimming with the sharks yet

Old 08-20-2011, 12:36 PM   #82
Aquarium Advice Addict

As it turns out, we didn't get to watch the two episodes. Did any of you? If so, good, bad, indifferent?

75: blood parrots, featherfin cat, emperor tetras, turquoise rainbowfish, BN plecos, japanese trapdoor; 46: WCMM, gold inca snails, ghost, bamboo & amano shrimp, kuhli loaches, rummynose & ember tetras, endlers, platies, flame gourami, guppies; 16: pygmy, peppered, loxozonus corys, otos, assassins, RCS ... ~ Research PRIOR to purchase.... ~
LyndaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 06:55 PM   #83
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Where did you get to see it on the internet?

Youtube Channel: http://youtu.be/sj0bVYblrZI
andresdeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 08:12 PM   #84
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by andresdeo
Where did you get to see it on the internet?
I just googled tanked episode 1 and checked all the links until I found one that worked it was one on the first page of results
Old 08-21-2011, 07:16 PM   #85
Aquarium Advice Activist

I seen both of the episodes on Friday. Am I the only one?

It was exactly what I thought it would be. But I do have to eat my words a little bit. It was actually entertaining. I guess that is all you can ask for. It was nice to see our hobby on TV, especially in HD. Some of the fish they were showing were amazing looking. Makes me wish I had a SW tank.

The funny part was..I was more interested in the fish and everything else in the background than the crazy tanks they were building.

I do have one problem with a tank they built though. The phonebooth one. The surface area on that thing was crap and there were at least 50 fish inside. Can anyone explain how that is possible? They had nowhere to swim. I felt so bad for them.

Also, the Mob tank with the TV's. Not sure what to think about that one. I want to hate it, but it was kind of clever.

On a side note: Anyone ever seen "Aquarium"? It was on IFC yesterday and was a 15 minute movie about fish keeping, specifically breeding them. Kind of wierd. Not sure what to think about it..Kind of wanted it to keep going. haha
Old 08-21-2011, 09:28 PM   #86
Aquarium Advice Addict

that New York street scene (with the Phone booth) was Amazing!
so much attention to detail:
the lamp post, fire hydrant, new york times newspaper, mural silhouette of the New York backdrop, the bubbler in the telephone handset.
LOVED IT !

The car aquarium was equally amazing.
The artwork on the hot rod - the artist that painted that design is super talented!
The changing colours in the lighting, the bubbler in the headlight, filling the aquarim through the bowser (Genius!)
Old 08-21-2011, 09:29 PM   #87
Aquarium Advice Addict

I wish they do a FRESHWATER setup !
Old 08-22-2011, 04:55 AM   #88
Aquarium Advice Addict

I watched both shows and I loved the elaborate tanks and the fish were AMAZING to see. There isn't anything like that in the FS around here.
My only issue are the people. I like Wade, he's Ok and seems to know what he's doing. But the Brother & Sister are annoying. The brother Brett is a big brat with a lazy entitled attitude and his sister Heather is manipulative and deceptive, at least IMO and my daughters. Actually it's just those to I have a problem with. The rest of the people involved in the show seem dedicated to what they are doing, and to truly love fish.

I also have to admit I did learn a couple of things that were interesting. Like the fact that Goldfish have no stomach, which is why they need to be feed several small meals a day instead of one big one. It's also why the produce SOOOO much waste, no where to hold it.

It was good enough that I will definitely watch it a few more times before I make any permanent decisions about it.
Old 08-22-2011, 05:34 AM   #89
Aquarium Advice Addict

Ok, so surprisingly we came across the shark/phone booth/mob episode last night. Wanted to love the show, but didn't. I don't really care about what goes into building it and the background drama/jibes between the main cast members. Really enjoyed seeing where they purchased their fish and also really enjoyed seeing the end results. Now, let's have some FW guys, shall we?

I'm certainly not going to get any ideas from this show that I can steal, and that's kind of what I was hoping for. I guess if you're looking for dumb, scratch your crotch, kind of humor, you'd find these guys entertaining.
75: blood parrots, featherfin cat, emperor tetras, turquoise rainbowfish, BN plecos, japanese trapdoor; 46: WCMM, gold inca snails, ghost, bamboo & amano shrimp, kuhli loaches, rummynose & ember tetras, endlers, platies, flame gourami, guppies; 16: pygmy, peppered, loxozonus corys, otos, assassins, RCS ... ~ Research PRIOR to purchase.... ~
LyndaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 07:37 AM   #90
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I enjoyed the show. Granted I hoped they do something other than saltwater, but that's where the money is I guess. I'm sure they are using seeded material or something. Wish they'd show some care and set up stuff. But their ideas are AMAZING!! I dvr'd them,can't wait for my son to come home from his dads so I can watch it again!! He has his own tank and loves all my tanks. Funny to see him watching a tank for long periods of time. He's always had a tank in his room since he was born ( while living wit me anyway). Maybe if enough ppl write suggestions to animal planet they will do some freshwater too???

Tags
fish, tan, television

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com