Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-24-2005, 12:51 AM   #11
kansaschick08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toirtis
Quote:
Originally Posted by kansaschick08
well see, the whole thing about iPod is that it just sucks. the battery life is incrediply bad.
How is 13 hours 48 minutes incredibly bad?

Quote:
some time or another the dell ditty will probably come out with a bigger memory capasity.
Sure, but a 2gb capacity model in fall of 2006 isn't much use if you want one now.

Quote:
the ipod's warenty is like $60 for 2yrs.
Weird, cost me $25 to extend mine that long.

Quote:
the batteries cannot be fixed with out sending the whole kit and cabootle in for repair.
True, but I know of two people that had problems with theirs and had them back, repaired, within a week, no extra costs.
the battery doesn't last that long. try listening to it till you kill the battery. that my friend only lasts about 2 hours. i went to Kansas from Texas this summer with my iPod and it died every two hrs. another thing is, i'm not sure about what batery the ditty has, but it maybe more truethful than apple's.

if you want a better price for the memory, get the iRiver. it's small, FM radio, microphone on it, and 1gb for $200. one thing you'll knowtice is that you will end up saving more money if you buy an iRiver than if you buy the iPod.

The warenty is just a way to get money offa ya when you wont even need what they are wanting to fix for you if it "breaks" just incase. which those parts IMO wont break unless you are really bad with stuff.

i know a guy that went running, and it broke. it was just on his arm and it broke. and a boy that i work with..he left his in his truck overnight, and it broke..not very good if ya ask me..

Old 09-24-2005, 06:13 AM   #12
God of primitive fishes

Send a message via MSN to Toirtis Send a message via Yahoo to Toirtis
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
well see, the whole thing about iPod is that it just sucks. the battery life is incrediply bad.
the battery doesn't last that long. try listening to it till you kill the battery. that my friend only lasts about 2 hours. i went to Kansas from Texas this summer with my iPod and it died every two hrs.
Something was seriously wrong with yours...that 13:48 was based on my personal experience.

www.calgaryaquariumsociety.com
Old 09-24-2005, 12:38 PM   #13
kansaschick08

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
the battery doesn't last that long. try listening to it till you kill the battery. that my friend only lasts about 2 hours. i went to Kansas from Texas this summer with my iPod and it died every two hrs.
Something was seriously wrong with yours...that 13:48 was based on my personal experience.
I know there's something wrong with it. it's called it was made from Apple. The only reason i got the iPod is cause cheap and more memory for a cruddy put together.

Old 09-24-2005, 01:05 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

i've got a Rio Forge. with rebate it was $70. 256mb. for $45 I can slap a 1gig SDcard in and get 1.25gig of music.

I'd make apple replace the lithium battery in your iPod.
Old 09-24-2005, 01:43 PM   #15
kansaschick08

if i had my recept still i would go make my wise investment in a dell dj...can get a 5gb for so much cheaper than 4gb on apple..better quality too. that's just my opinion.

Old 09-24-2005, 03:46 PM   #16
AA Team Emeritus

Despite all the pro/cons mentioned, I have a co-worker who just purchased that antennae thingy that allows you to remotely connect to a radio. He decided to surprise me by setting it up and used my personal radio in my office. When I walked in, the sound was so crystal clear I thought it was a CD playing.
Old 09-24-2005, 04:28 PM   #17
kansaschick08

That's ONE good think that i'll give you about apple. is the sound. the sound quality is fenominal.

Old 09-24-2005, 08:45 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Despite all the pro/cons mentioned, I have a co-worker who just purchased that antennae thingy that allows you to remotely connect to a radio. He decided to surprise me by setting it up and used my personal radio in my office. When I walked in, the sound was so crystal clear I thought it was a CD playing.
You mean one of those FM transmitters? I've tried 4 or 5 different brands and they all sound terrible. There's lots of static no matter what station it's tuned to. I'm surprised to hear anyone say that about an FM transmitter. I hated mine so much that I replaced the cd player in my car just so I could get one that my mp3 player would connect to directly. My mp3 player sounds great when I connect it to my car stereo or home stereo, it's just that stupid transmitter that was awful.

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com