New Dell Ditty.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kansaschick08

alright. so my uncle works for Dell in the Public Relations department. They came out with a new product to compete with the iPod shuffle. it's a pretty sweet mp3 player if you ask me. so he emailed me the link and asked if i would write what i thought about it. so i did.

this is what i wrote.
Well your new product is very creativly advertized. Catches peoples eye easily. The only think that I could compare that to is the Creative Muvo. I had had one before my iPod and I did not like it at all. i think it was a 512, or 250MB. What ever it was didn't have very good memory space. I could fit 25 songs on there, the songs weren't in MP3 format, they were in WMA, shouldn't be that low on songs though. Anyhow, the iPod mini/Shuffle doesn't have FM Tuner, there is an accessory that you can add to it that has that thing you can add to it. So that is a plus that adds to the product. Do you know how sturdy it is? I know that the Shuffle is quite easily broken. the only reason people get that one is because it's compact. If more people know what they want they would more than likely go for the DellDitty, because it has a screen to veiw the song names. OOh! battery life is much better on y'alls. Dells life is 14 hours and apple is 12. Mitch Ferrence is quite interesting. That's all I have to say about him. He's humorus, you should hire him for TV commercials. You would probably get more sales. Who made up the sarcastic remarks in the add? I think it would be better if you made Mitch Ferrence smarter it would appeal to the eye. The warenty is MUCH better than apples..another thing is, do you know what your customer service is? like on the phone? Do y'all charge when people call? Apple charges you $50 after the first free call. More people will buy Ditty if you do free tech support calls. On the online help what all is on there? I know that apple has alot of the stuff that they talk about on the phone to you when you need tech support.

Well that is all that I can think of at the moment. There is a fee for service you know. ;)

-Shannon

so then i had waited for a responce, and got one from him the next morning..
Shannon,

Thanks for the feedback. Hope you don't mind but I've forwarded it on to Dell's DJ Ditty marketing team so they can see what a teenager--the target market for the Ditty--has to say about it. Feel free to send the www.dellditty.com URL to your friends.

I'm looking into getting answers to your questions as well. Now then, a fee? Well, we'll just have to talk about that next time I see you.

Uncle Fig

I wanna write review's for Dell. That'd be fun. they should totaly hire 15 year olds to write for them.

anyhow. i was just excited about him passing it on to the Marketing Team..

-Shannon

Sweet! I wish I could test products like that......... :wink:
Maybe they'll send you a brand new mp3 player as a thanks? :p

I would push for that comp player. :wink: Good work...perhaps you should write a ditty for the ditty.

Personally, I am still stuck on the iPod...the iPod 'nano' is tops, as far as I am concerned...its tiny, über thin, and 4GB (the Dell's is only 512kb, which is just a bit small for me, but it beats the shuffle, as it has a display...a very important feature for many people) with a 14hr battery life.

When I bought my mp3 player I was also stuck on the iPod... until I realized how ridiculously expensive it is compared to other brands. At the time I was looking, the iPod 20 GB was about $300. I ended up getting the Creative Nomad Zen jukebox with a 40 GB memory... twice the space for $30 less. Granted, it's bigger and heavier, but I didn't care since I was getting a device that could store my entire cd collection plus some. I know that the iPod nano is marketed toward people that really want a tiny device, but at $250 for only 4 GB of storage, what a rip IMO.

Shannon- I'm glad that Dell is giving the iPod shuffle a run for its money with the Dell Ditty. I'm frankly quite sick of all the iPod hype. Oh, and I really hope your uncle hooks you up with a Ditty as a "service fee." :D

severum mama said:
I know that the iPod nano is marketed toward people that really want a tiny device, but at $250 for only 4 GB of storage, what a rip IMO.

Where have you been shopping? I have seen them for $170-$195 CDN.

Well, I first heard about the price in a newpaper article about the Nano's launch. It seems as though Best Buy charges $250 for the 4 GB model, and the 2 GB model is $200- extremely high prices for the amount of storage space IMO. But I guess others are looking for different features than I am, and would laugh at the thought of using a player as large and heavy as mine. I just wanted something more affordable that I could put a huge music collection onto. Then I don't have to mess with cd's in my car. :D

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...CategoryId=pcmcat63100050013&id=1125466218215

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...CategoryId=pcmcat63100050013&id=1125466218155

well see, the whole thing about iPod is that it just sucks. the battery life is incrediply bad. even though that it offers more memory. they will tell you at the electronic stores that it will be really good and all. but it's not. some time or another the dell ditty will probably come out with a bigger memory capasity. the ipod's warenty is like $60 for 2yrs. where as dell's is freeeee. the batteries cannot be fixed with out sending the whole kit and cabootle in for repair. i had to call apple one time because the thing froze wehn i hooked it up to the car to charge it. the stupid guy at circut city told me that i had a virus on an mp3 player...dumb employee. there's not even a virus out for the PDA's and mp3 player. sure there's a cell one. and it depends on the length of the song and the file format that the song is in on how fast the chip gets filled up. any other product beats the shuffle.

the iRiver is another reallly good mp3player. i'd recomend looking into one of those or the dellditty. yeah the apple is really cool. but its poop imo.

kansaschick08 said:
well see, the whole thing about iPod is that it just sucks. the battery life is incrediply bad.

How is 13 hours 48 minutes incredibly bad?

some time or another the dell ditty will probably come out with a bigger memory capasity.

Sure, but a 2gb capacity model in fall of 2006 isn't much use if you want one now.

the ipod's warenty is like $60 for 2yrs.

Weird, cost me $25 to extend mine that long.

the batteries cannot be fixed with out sending the whole kit and cabootle in for repair.

True, but I know of two people that had problems with theirs and had them back, repaired, within a week, no extra costs.

Toirtis said:
kansaschick08 said:
well see, the whole thing about iPod is that it just sucks. the battery life is incrediply bad.

some time or another the dell ditty will probably come out with a bigger memory capasity.

Sure, but a 2gb capacity model in fall of 2006 isn't much use if you want one now.

the ipod's warenty is like $60 for 2yrs.

Weird, cost me $25 to extend mine that long.

the batteries cannot be fixed with out sending the whole kit and cabootle in for repair.

True, but I know of two people that had problems with theirs and had them back, repaired, within a week, no extra costs.

the battery doesn't last that long. try listening to it till you kill the battery. that my friend only lasts about 2 hours. i went to Kansas from Texas this summer with my iPod and it died every two hrs. another thing is, i'm not sure about what batery the ditty has, but it maybe more truethful than apple's.

if you want a better price for the memory, get the iRiver. it's small, FM radio, microphone on it, and 1gb for $200. one thing you'll knowtice is that you will end up saving more money if you buy an iRiver than if you buy the iPod.

The warenty is just a way to get money offa ya when you wont even need what they are wanting to fix for you if it "breaks" just incase. which those parts IMO wont break unless you are really bad with stuff.

i know a guy that went running, and it broke. it was just on his arm and it broke. and a boy that i work with..he left his in his truck overnight, and it broke..not very good if ya ask me..

kansaschick08 said:
Toirtis said:
kansaschick08 said:

the battery doesn't last that long. try listening to it till you kill the battery. that my friend only lasts about 2 hours. i went to Kansas from Texas this summer with my iPod and it died every two hrs.

Something was seriously wrong with yours...that 13:48 was based on my personal experience.

Toirtis said:
kansaschick08 said:
Toirtis said:
kansaschick08 said:

the battery doesn't last that long. try listening to it till you kill the battery. that my friend only lasts about 2 hours. i went to Kansas from Texas this summer with my iPod and it died every two hrs.

Something was seriously wrong with yours...that 13:48 was based on my personal experience.

I know there's something wrong with it. it's called it was made from Apple. The only reason i got the iPod is cause cheap and more memory for a cruddy put together.

i've got a Rio Forge. with rebate it was $70. 256mb. for $45 I can slap a 1gig SDcard in and get 1.25gig of music.

I'd make apple replace the lithium battery in your iPod.

if i had my recept still i would go make my wise investment in a dell dj...can get a 5gb for so much cheaper than 4gb on apple..better quality too. that's just my opinion.

Despite all the pro/cons mentioned, I have a co-worker who just purchased that antennae thingy that allows you to remotely connect to a radio. He decided to surprise me by setting it up and used my personal radio in my office. When I walked in, the sound was so crystal clear I thought it was a CD playing. :)

That's ONE good think that i'll give you about apple. is the sound. the sound quality is fenominal.

Despite all the pro/cons mentioned, I have a co-worker who just purchased that antennae thingy that allows you to remotely connect to a radio. He decided to surprise me by setting it up and used my personal radio in my office. When I walked in, the sound was so crystal clear I thought it was a CD playing.

You mean one of those FM transmitters? I've tried 4 or 5 different brands and they all sound terrible. There's lots of static no matter what station it's tuned to. I'm surprised to hear anyone say that about an FM transmitter. I hated mine so much that I replaced the cd player in my car just so I could get one that my mp3 player would connect to directly. My mp3 player sounds great when I connect it to my car stereo or home stereo, it's just that stupid transmitter that was awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom