New Error Message with IE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bearfan

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just installed the latest "Critical Update" from Microsoft and every time I close IE I get:

"The instruction at"0x01e43795" referenced memory at "0x017dad58". The memory could not be "read". Click on OK to terminate the program."

Anyone have any suggestions?

Also, it happenes with each window I close. 4 windows open, I'll get that 4 times. and it's new since the update.

Bearfan said:
I did, it's a newer issue, so Microsoft will probably respond in the next 12 months.

:lol: :lol: :roll:

I haven't installed the update yet, but now I'm too nervous to do it. Unfortunately, I can't get a hold of my network tech to run this by him. Maybe someone else will have a suggestion?

I wouldn't worry about it. As long as the browser has the functionality you need, and does not interfere with other programs, you'll be fine.

It's basically a temporary error that ends when you click ok. It doesn't shut down correctly and it's informing you of that fact. It's not necessarily a critical error, so I would just wait for the next update and see what happens.

I get a similar error within firefox when I visit pages containing an embedded Microsoft Media Player. Welcome to the wide world of writing programs to work within other programs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom