Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 04-11-2011, 11:01 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie
new fish tank advice please

Abou a week ago i bought a 20 g tank and set it up. Rinsed it out with hot water and put the gravel in(which i soaked in hot water as well, filled it with water and added conditioner and little bubbles appeared all over the tank they lasted a couple of days until they were gone (with some help from my hand) then it got cloudy for a few days until yesterday when i changed over the water again and the bubbles are back. The temp is stablized at 77 f. My question is this will how long does it take for the bubbles to disappear and will the cloudy water come back? Is it safe for me to put fish in it?

amp4470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 01:43 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
You need to cycle the tank before it's safe for fish. Read the cycling links in my signature for more information.

The bubbles aren't really a concern yet. They'll go away after a while if the filter is running.
“A man's errors are his portals of discovery.”
Guide to The Fishless Cycle Cycling With Fish
My DIY LED Light Fixture
Feel free to PM me directly with questions.
BigJim is offline   Reply With Quote

new fish, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com