New fry Angel fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

judyheitz

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
IMG_3137.jpgView attachment 1

Just one photo. At first the parents were eating them and so were the other fish in the tank. Then I noticed after several hours that the mom and dad were rounding them up in the aquarium and bringing them back and spitting them out into the area where they wanted to keep them safe. They are really guarding them against the other fish in the tank. I’m not really set up to do anything with the fry at this point so whatever happens happens, but I will be better prepared for the next hatch. It was really funny because I didn’t think my adults were male and female but I did notice them acting rather strange. They were butting each other and it looked like they were kissing but I wasn’t sure what was going on and they were guarding their area and making sure the rest of the fish stayed out of it so I thought it was a possibility and indeed it was.

View attachment 306828View attachment 1

Just one photo. At first the parents were eating them and so were the other fish in the tank. Then I noticed after several hours that the mom and dad were rounding them up in the aquarium and bringing them back and spitting them out into the area where they wanted to keep them safe. They are really guarding them against the other fish in the tank. I’m not really set up to do anything with the fry at this point so whatever happens happens, but I will be better prepared for the next hatch. It was really funny because I didn’t think my adults were male and female but I did notice them acting rather strange. They were butting each other and it looked like they were kissing but I wasn’t sure what was going on and they were guarding their area and making sure the rest of the fish stayed out of it so I thought it was a possibility and indeed it was.
Awww! That is too cool! Congrats! [emoji4]

Back
Top Bottom