Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-29-2011, 06:18 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

new tank advice

ive just recently upgraded my tank and in the process of a fishless cycle. I am relatively new to this as ive only been running my current tank (64 litre) for 3 months. Im an impatient bugger and the missus isnt too impressed ive snuck a new tank (110litre) into the living room so im looking to speed up the process. The new tank is taking well, has been on its cycle for a week now.ive been dropping the required amount of filter start and adding 1 or 2 mini algea wafers. When i make the transfer i am adding my current filter to go along side my new filter,all the wood i have, the plants etc. Im also thinking of transferring most if not all of the current water and setting up the fry net (i have guppy fry very quickly in my current tank, had to make way for mum ra (my beautiful red betta) and put the current gravel in there.
Im just after some general advice really

Old 07-29-2011, 06:28 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Welcome to the site

One thing you might want to do is PM a moderator and have them move this thread to the getting started section...more people will see it and be able to help.

Personally I'd stop using the bottled bacteria ASAP. The vast majority are not only useless IMO...but there are also numerous examples of them causing bio-filter crashes. In the interest of saving some typing I'll skip the science behind it for now...but I highly recommend against using it.

Also check out the guide and FAQ in my signature. It will give you some info and hopefully answer any questions you have

eco23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 06:40 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

thanks, ill do that. ill take a look at your link too. nice one

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com