New Years Tank Resolutions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mfdrookie516

Aquarium Free - 2+ Years
Just curious if anyone has decided to do something different with their tanks this year... pay closer attention to something, do more water changes, etc.

For me, my resolution is to completely leave the FW hobby and convert completely to SW. Yes, I'm only a month in to my first SW tank, but I'm already in love.

PS- Please keep this aquaria related. Thanks!

I can't decide if my resolution should be to obsessively research and set up my first cichlid tank, or to promise to NOT set up my first cichlid tank... I know which one my husband would like me to pick.

keep up with my weekly water changes... and setup a ten gallon saltwater nano reef.

My goals include converting my betta tanks into fully planted tanks. Beginning a SW tank, which I'm already planning. I'm out of space where I live so no new tanks for my house, but I'd like to do equipment upgrades instead. And last but not least, no charging aquarium items, if the money isn't in the account or in my wallet for it, its going to have to wait! This will be difficult!

My resolutions are to find a larger tank in really good condition for a good price. That way I can begin my new adventure with discus! Another wish for the new year would be that my husband would become more understanding and accepting of my hobby. That one may have to wait for next years resolutions though! Lol!

I'm wanting to get into sw fish keeping too. Perhaps get a reef tank going too. Freakin expensive -_- but I want to get a sw tank up and running without fish by the end of the year.

Set up a 50-75 tank angel and discus breeding room in my garage so my wife can start her career as a breeder.

To get my 55 angel tank set up, and my pico reef perfect (well as close to perfect as I can, actually perfect doesn't exist in this hobby, for me anyways:p ), and be content for a while:)

But there may be a BiOrb thrown in there for my betta as an upgrade, but that doesn't count;)

well im getting a redsea max 130d with salties so im hoping it works out

JustinKScott said:
Set up a 50-75 tank angel and discus breeding room in my garage so my wife can start her career as a breeder.

I wish! Want to talk to my husband?? ;-)

Resist temptation and help my wife do the same!
(We initially went shopping for one 15-20G tank for the kids, ended up with a 36G and now have a 15G QT as well!)
I don't have much hope for that resolution to last long.

- D

Back
Top Bottom