Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-01-2012, 05:07 PM   #1
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

New Years Tank Resolutions

Just curious if anyone has decided to do something different with their tanks this year... pay closer attention to something, do more water changes, etc.

For me, my resolution is to completely leave the FW hobby and convert completely to SW. Yes, I'm only a month in to my first SW tank, but I'm already in love.

PS- Please keep this aquaria related. Thanks!

"What, exactly, is the internet? Basically it is a global network exchanging digitized data in such a way that any computer, anywhere, that is equipped with a device called a 'modem', can make a noise like a duck choking on a kazoo." - Dave Barry
mfdrookie516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 05:26 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

I can't decide if my resolution should be to obsessively research and set up my first cichlid tank, or to promise to NOT set up my first cichlid tank... I know which one my husband would like me to pick.

Old 01-01-2012, 05:29 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

keep up with my weekly water changes... and setup a ten gallon saltwater nano reef.
Old 01-01-2012, 05:30 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Activist

My goals include converting my betta tanks into fully planted tanks. Beginning a SW tank, which I'm already planning. I'm out of space where I live so no new tanks for my house, but I'd like to do equipment upgrades instead. And last but not least, no charging aquarium items, if the money isn't in the account or in my wallet for it, its going to have to wait! This will be difficult!
Old 01-01-2012, 05:39 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

My resolutions are to find a larger tank in really good condition for a good price. That way I can begin my new adventure with discus! Another wish for the new year would be that my husband would become more understanding and accepting of my hobby. That one may have to wait for next years resolutions though! Lol!
Old 01-01-2012, 07:33 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

I'm wanting to get into sw fish keeping too. Perhaps get a reef tank going too. Freakin expensive -_- but I want to get a sw tank up and running without fish by the end of the year.
Old 01-01-2012, 08:09 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Obsessed

Not to buy/set up any new tanks because we might be buying a house in 6 months and need to save!
Mumma.of.two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 09:18 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Freak

Set up a 50-75 tank angel and discus breeding room in my garage so my wife can start her career as a breeder.
Old 01-01-2012, 09:47 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict

To get my 55 angel tank set up, and my pico reef perfect (well as close to perfect as I can, actually perfect doesn't exist in this hobby, for me anyways:P ), and be content for a while

But there may be a BiOrb thrown in there for my betta as an upgrade, but that doesn't count
Old 01-03-2012, 12:49 AM   #10
Aquarium Advice Newbie

well im getting a redsea max 130d with salties so im hoping it works out

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com