Newest shuttle launch got me thinking......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
deli_conker said:
talloulou said:
How come I see cheese when I zoom all the way in?
Cause the moon is made out of cheese. Duh!

and now we have proof!! For years the nay-sayers have been pointing and laughing at me! HAH! Now whos the fool?

ok, so the pointing and laughing will continue, but at least I got a kick out of the sight. :lol:

BillyZ said:
deli_conker said:
talloulou said:
How come I see cheese when I zoom all the way in?
Cause the moon is made out of cheese. Duh!

and now we have proof!! For years the nay-sayers have been pointing and laughing at me! HAH! Now whos the fool?

ok, so the pointing and laughing will continue, but at least I got a kick out of the sight. :lol:

Does it bother anyone that it is made of Swiss Cheese? I always thought cheddar....

Jchillin said:
Does it bother anyone that it is made of Swiss Cheese? I always thought cheddar....

but then... how would you explain the craters if it wasn't swiss cheese?

Personally I think the moon was abandoned because they couldn't find any significant energy sources. No water to make fuel or power moon bases. In the past 30 years, we've found evidence of possible ice fields, learned a lot more about solar power, learned how to scrub co2 out of the air, learned how to get o2 from rocks. So the moon is looking a lot more possible now.

As for the comment about the 'Balance of the moon and the earth', the moon is at escape velocity and is going to leave orbit eventually. Weighing it down would actually help the situation most likely. Only problem is, taking mass from the earth to the moon doesn't affect the balance at all. Thus we can build anything we want up there, the only considerations are temperature and radiation.

What I think will become an issue down the road, is if we set up a moon base, they are going to want to use local materials to make fuel. I've only heard shakey evidence of ice in the bottom of a few craters. Wich means the amount of fuel available up there is going to be limited and eventually a source of conflict.

Still the moon is worthwhile simply because it's our first steps off this dying rock we call earth. We really don't have a choice about leaving, eventually the whole planet is gonna go splat. So it's best to run while the runnin's good.

I saw a special on the moon where they said that the distance between the earth and the moon is increasing by about an inch or so every year. It will eventually leave though....

I still think that the space elevator is the way to go in the long run.

Yup, space elevator would definately be the best way to go, low environmental impact, super cheap lift fuel price and could be used to lift things that wouldn't survive a 4-10g launching.

I keep waiting to hear they've gotten the nano-tube fibers to a useable length/strength for making it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom