Newport Aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

baron1282

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Went to the NewPort Aquarium in Cincinnati yesterday, and I am kind of torn.

On one hand they got all their fish in great looking tanks with their environments matched perfectly. Their large display tank is just stunning with all the Sharks in the tank.

Than I walked on and found an area that had Clown Fish and other types of fish in an tank that is at least 10 gallons. All of the fish were rather large and seem to need and want way more room. Some of the alligators where in small tanks as well. I am sure they take good care of their animals, and maybe they got a bigger tank for them after hours, I don't know. I don't think they would move the fish to an after hour tank as that would be pointless for about the 4 tanks that I would consider just way to small for the fish.

Overall I give the place a 8.5 out of 10. All the fish look healthy and thriving. It's also refreshing to see FULL sized fish. A lot of the times you forget how big a fish can get when you buy one. Discus for example where HUG!! I saw small ones but the ones they had where just monsters. So I would suggest a trip to the Public Aquarium before any person wants to start a fish tank. If your close by to one, just to get an idea of how big your adult fish can get if you take care of them the right way.

Back
Top Bottom