No one wants to talk about fish...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My neighbor has a planted tank!!! I saw it through his window........

I want to talk to him about it but I don't really know him.....

I feel awkward lol.

If it was me, next time i saw the neighbor i'd say "I happened to notice you have a planted tank..." ("happened to notice" is to hopefully comfort the neighbor that you were not actually trying to peep him, lol.) :whistle:

Remember.... People with hobbies, usually love to talk shop abt said hobbies.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Everybody that knows about my "aquarium addiction" thinks it's dumb! They tell me to shut up and I'm stupid! My dad and sister think I'm a horder but my mom supports me! Going to the $ per gallon sale tommrow! ? I only have 8 tanks in my room and 2 in the living room! Lol I may not can talk to any of my friends about my hobby but at least I can talk to yall! I Currently started my first saltwater tank! I'm a little excited!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Everybody that knows about my "aquarium addiction" thinks it's dumb! They tell me to shut up and I'm stupid! My dad and sister think I'm a horder but my mom supports me! Going to the $ per gallon sale tommrow! ? I only have 8 tanks in my room and 2 in the living room! Lol I may not can talk to any of my friends about my hobby but at least I can talk to yall! I Currently started my first saltwater tank! I'm a little excited!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I think the feeling is mutual. People don't understand the joys of this hobby till they actually try it. This isn't just giving a dog some food and water, we design ecosystems that perform the way nature would inside a glass box.

People don't often realize they have a living ecosystem thriving in their household, especially if it is something like a planted/reef tank.

Go back 30-40 years ago and keeping corals in a household aquarium long term was almost unheard of.
Makes you wonder the innovations and technology we will have in years to come.

Caleb

I think the feeling is mutual. People don't understand the joys of this hobby till they actually try it. This isn't just giving a dog some food and water, we design ecosystems that perform the way nature would inside a glass box.

People don't often realize they have a living ecosystem thriving in their household, especially if it is something like a planted/reef tank.

Go back 30-40 years ago and keeping corals in a household aquarium long term was almost unheard of.
Makes you wonder the innovations and technology we will have in years to come.

Caleb

Exactly, at school so many people know me because of my love for fish and a lot of people tease me, do I care? NO, all i want to do is follow my passion.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G800A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Maybe its that I'm a little older and out of school but all my friends think my fish and tanks are awesome. They almost always walk straight in and go to the tanks to check on them. They even have favorites.

Maybe its that I'm a little older and out of school but all my friends think my fish and tanks are awesome. They almost always walk straight in and go to the tanks to check on them. They even have favorites.

Same.

My wife, kids and I are staying at my parents while we close on a house. Both parents were "meh, waste of money" towards the tanks whenever they visited our apartment. Now that the tanks are in THEIR house, guess who I catch starring at them constantly and extremely curious? Haha

Jesse

Back
Top Bottom