No one wants to talk about fish...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Beej1254

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm new to this forum and I'm hoping that I can join a good fish keeping community.
It bugs the crap out of me but I can't find anyone who is even remotely interested in this hobby or who I can talk to about my saltwater tank. And actually people I work with just give me flack for it on a daily basis. Anyone else have this problem?

For my 55 gallon saltwater people are always trying to tell me to get more fish,or bigger fish.

55 gallon fowlr soon to be reef

Yeah no one in my area really understands how I get so excited over my fish. They always say I should add more fish then I gotta crack the whip on them about overstocking.

Don't worry we are all fish nets here! :) would love to see your tanks.

Caleb

Same here, though my friends have learned to just nod there head an go with it. It's always great going to my mom an Pop fish store an finding other people who understand fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Dude I'll talk fish.. where we at??high tech? Apistos? Rams? Shrimp? Cichlids? Scuds? Snails?algae? X-girlfriends?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

If your girlfriend is cutting it trade up for a betta one.

She's cool, even asked about my new fish the other night! I suppose there's always a betta choice out there though!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Haha I posted this and then I end up not responding to anything anyone wrote. Sorry about that. But I'm glad to know at least someone is out there to bring some random fish topics up to. It gets kinda old getting the blank stare and the occasional "uh huh...cool" or just flat out laughter. I posted this after being at work and this girl said to me "at least you already have a wife and kids so your not weird and alone with your fish tank". people around here just don't seem to have much of an appreciation for a saltwater aquarium I guess.

Any time I try to talk fish with my friends, it usually ends up in "dude, you should buy some pirhanas" or something along the lines of two Bettas in the same tank like they'll tear each other apart like sharks or something lol

Jesse

Looking for people to talk about fish with is the same reason I joined this or any forum for that matter. I guess I'm lucky I was already married when I discovered the hobby, but my wife doesn't get it. Although she loves the planted tank in our bedroom! None of my friends are the least bit interested either. I feel like though, with almost anyone, if they would just try keeping aquariums(the correct way), they would totally get it fast.

Looking for people to talk about fish with is the same reason I joined this or any forum for that matter. I guess I'm lucky I was already married when I discovered the hobby, but my wife doesn't get it. Although she loves the planted tank in our bedroom! None of my friends are the least bit interested either. I feel like though, with almost anyone, if they would just try keeping aquariums(the correct way), they would totally get it fast.

I did that with my brother. He took really no interest till I got him a Berta and now he has a 45g and loves the hobby.

Caleb

Any time I try to talk fish with my friends, it usually ends up in "dude, you should buy some pirhanas" or something along the lines of two Bettas in the same tank like they'll tear each other apart like sharks or something lol

Jesse

I've heard that so many times I can't count it anymore.

I will probably be that guy that's alone in a nice home with a bunch of tanks

Caleb

I don't see anything wrong with that. What bugs me the most is then people turn around and start talking about how they either slept all day or watched Netflix all weekend. At least we are building and creating something and taking care of amazing creatures.

Back
Top Bottom