no power

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well your gonna need some way to get air into the tank you night have to blow into your airline tube every hour or so

I don't think you need to worry about your filtration unless your power outage is gonna be
2-4 days so I would only worry about getting oxygen into the tank

Most important thing is to not let your filter dry out. I went 7 days with out back in July. If your worried about the air, use a cup and spend a few minutes dumping tank water back into itself.

I like to keep a battery powered bubble maker that I got from pet smart for times like these. Just put some batteries in and hook up the airline to the provided air stone.

Oh yea aski 247 is right I assumed you where just using hang on the back filter sorry about that

Mike hawk said:
Well your gonna need some way to get air into the tank you night have to blow into your airline tube every hour or so

Wouldn't doing this introduce more co2 and less oxygen into your water????????

Get a battery pum as stated above
If you live in the states you can go to walmart the sell for like $10 in my area

I've seen this suggested on here and I'm not 100% on how to do it but its an amazing idea.
Remove filter media to a bucket. Drill small holes in bottom of bucket. Suspend bucket above tank. Start a siphon, and put the end into the bucket. Keep siphon running as needed. Instant filter+aeration! Saves the fish AND the bb. (y)

The only thing to that would be you need a pump there is no way to move the water up to the bucket

If it's really bad and power will be out for a long time, go to Walmart or any place that sells fishing supplies and buy a livewell aerator ( it's a water pump that mixes water and air). Around 30 bucks.

Hook it up to a 12 volt battery and it will circulate the water quite well.

It's a good thing to have around in these cases. Also makes moving a tank from house to house or room to room much easier too since you can aerate the buckets the fish are in.

Do not blow into the air hose. It won't hardly do anything except add CO2 to the tank and also possibly make you pop a blood vessel blowing so hard. Also, it can cause a back siphon in the line.

The only thing to that would be you need a pump there is no way to move the water up to the bucket

I think she means you siphon tank water down to the bucket, then sit the bucket on the tank corner and let it all drip back in through a small hole.

When it's near empty, siphon water back down to the bucket, and start over.

You'll just have to figure on a way to plug the hole while you siphon to fill the bucket.

All these suggestion are greatthanks for the help and ideas luckily power is back this morning. Thanks once again this site has been a great support.

I connected an extra filter to a. Jet ski battery. I had got it running over night till it died and power came back. Now I need to get my Customer a new one...oops

Back
Top Bottom