Non-Aquarium Hobbies?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I plan to make my first one out of a brake drum. All in due time haha

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

railroad-track-anvil.jpeg

Railroad anvils are nice too, I used one for a while for making my armor. I upgraded to a decent 25 pounder though. Once I move into a place away from noise complaints I will upgrade to a 75lb or maybe even a 150lb.

Anvils are abundant down here. Not cheap, but easy to find. The railroad track thing is genius. How much do they weigh?

Anvils are abundant down here. Not cheap, but easy to find. The railroad track thing is genius. How much do they weigh?

I would say mine is about 15 lbs. It's slightly bigger than the 1 in the picture.

I have two kids (4 and 6) so they take a lot of my time. And 5 indoor cats, each better than the last!
Recently I've gotten very into lifting heavy (weightlifting) and I'm feeling pretty badass these days. I didn't see anyone else mention that! I also enjoy running.

This summer I'm really looking forward to engaging in more outdoor stuff like hiking and biking. I've never done these things before but this is the first year since I was a teen where my physical fitness level will accommodate such things.

I also enjoy reading, and "collecting" hobbies. I like to start new hobbies and then discard them. I love researching and learning things, because I'm weird.

Shellyx the photo of Marley was so cute and funny. I had to show it to my hubby and he loved it.

Mebbid wins for unusual (and awesome!) hobbies imo!

Wow these are some very cool hobbies ! I know there are places near enough to where I live that do allot of Viking & Celtic re-enactments.

I love rc cars, although havent pulled them out in years. I have a bunch of older cars and trucks if any of you rc people would like them. Rc10t's and rc10t 2. Give em to a hobbiest for shipping. Just like to see them have a loving home and not in a box. As for me i have 2 XL pitbulls, also known as monster pits. Theyre huge, muscley, babies. Think theyre lapdogs, lol. I also am an avid disc golfer. I do tournaments, and run leagues. Go kaw valley disc golf, and K.U. disc golf team. I also have an 11 yr old son, and am a single dad and chef. So cooking is a hobby as well as profession.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I would have listed aquariums/fish keeping/ fish breeding as a hobby but im still debating as to whether its a hobby or problem! LOL

I would have listed aquariums/fish keeping/ fish breeding as a hobby but im still debating as to whether its a hobby or problem! LOL

We need to start an aa group... Aquarists Anonymous

Hey Poppa I've done the chef thing for years now. Currently unemployed as my work schedule combined with my wife's work schedule left our kids without somewhere to go. Chef life is a rough one at times. Long long days and crappy hours. I've cooked inside a country club for nearly 10 years now.

Are the r/c's RTR? I may be interested in one if so!

Also I think it's cool that so many people here share common interest. Sucks that every one is so spread apart, because I think an AA MEET & GREET would be dope haha

Agreed, an AA meet n greet would be phenomanol. I think we should hold it right in the middle of the map of the U.S. ! And it just so happens i live at the true center of the U.S. lol.

Ill pull em out and check later this week. But they were racing condition when packed up. Many extra bodies, tools, motors etc... in there too. Id like to spread the love so if anyone else is interested. Just remember they're old models. Early Traxxas nd stuff. Im old..... i mean old school.

Hey Poppa I've done the chef thing for years now. Currently unemployed as my work schedule combined with my wife's work schedule left our kids without somewhere to go. Chef life is a rough one at times. Long long days and crappy hours. I've cooked inside a country club for nearly 10 years now.

Are the r/c's RTR? I may be interested in one if so!

Also I think it's cool that so many people here share common interest. Sucks that every one is so spread apart, because I think an AA MEET & GREET would be dope haha

Lol it would be a bunch of old timers then me and Nils looking like the children ?

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Oh no doubt I would go! I dream of a day all the regulars of this site could meet.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Im in. Im only 35, whistling with eyes up in the air.

Back
Top Bottom