Not fish related but lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ravden

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am upgrading my leopard gecko tank as I finish getting supplies for my salt water reef. I have been seeing a lot of led units and was curious if anyone who also keeps reptiles had any experience with them

Sent from my SM-G900T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Not a reptile keeper, but isn't at least part of the reason for reptile lighting radiant heat? LEDs are poor for that.

I gave my gf ' s sister my old aqueon modular led for her gecko tank! made the gecko look nice! She had a heat pad too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Leopard geckos take their heat from the ground, so all you need is a heat mat but you need to ensure that their warm hide is reaching 86-90 degrees. LED would work but since they're nocturnal I'm not sure if the LED may be too strong and hurt their eyes.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Yeah I've had 3 heat pads crap out in a year that's why I'm looking for other options on his tank. I just upgraded him from the original 5 gal to a ten and put a ceramic heat emitter over his rock work so far it seems to be holding a constant 85 degrees at night so yay

Sent from my SM-G900T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom