Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 02-07-2006, 08:30 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict
not getting out, but taking a break

yeh, so I've decided that I don't have the money to put into my tanks like I want to do. I also need to be saving money which is something I haven't been doing well as of late. The other reason is that I am thinking about taking a year off after I graduate, and I don't know where I'll be. I'm graduating in May and after much though I've decided to put my aquarium hobby on hold. I'll successfully breed those German Blue Rams one day!

One good thing, I am not moving until May so hopefully that will give me plenty of time to place my fishies in good homes. My betta is going to stay with me since he is getting up there in "betta years."

I am going to stick around here though. AA has been wonderful and I feel something would be missing if I wasn't online here. If it is okay that someone who is fishless (well, I'll have my betta) can stick around a fish forum.

But, yeh... I am putting this specific hobby on hold for now I guess.

Old 02-07-2006, 09:19 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Send a message via Yahoo to Melissamustang
Bummer! Do you live on your own now? Do you have anyone in mind for all your set ups? Whats the plan?

525 Salt water "Zoo"

Tell someone how you feel….Make a sweet comment and it will always make you feel good as well!
Old 02-07-2006, 09:27 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict
Your always welcome here rubysoho. That has to be a tough decision but if it's the right one for you, then go for it. Good luck.
Old 02-07-2006, 10:27 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict
I don't live on my own, but I am thinking about travelling and persuing some other things for the next year and I don't want to dump them on someone I am living with. Especially since they wouldn't be interested in taking care of them anyway. So, my plan is to find the fish happy homes and them sell my 55 gallon setup and my 10 gallon setup.
Old 02-07-2006, 10:40 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict
I know that is a hard decision to make ruby. The nice thing about this hobby though is its easy to get started again when you are ready. I am glad to hear that you will be sticking around here anyway.
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com