not something you see every day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rubysoho

Aquarium Advice Addict
I've collected some strange photos, just wanted to share these with you :)

sir, can you please pull over?...please, sir...

img_350224_0_0993097f54bda93bd112e45fb470fe87.jpg

here kitty kitty kitty...

img_350224_1_8cb4a754558d6a39abe8048e0c339803.jpg

okay, this one is edited, but it is still cool

img_350224_2_33659ccac28ab157a80a8a578718be62.jpg

this one isn't edited...

img_350224_3_42cc8b3112df53a05b5f71000e0be2e7.jpg

hope you enjoyed!

I remember seeing the helicopter one, but the last one with the surfer is too wild! Thanks for posting 0X

no problem, I remember seeing that last one on television because it happened during a surf competition so I decided to try and find its equivilent in a still photo. The video is ten times scarier because you see it moving!! No one was injured though. Oh and there was another instance where they had to stop a surf competition because a pod of dolphins decided they wanted to give it a go. That was pretty cool.

I suppose that last one wasn't a dolphin, and the wierd refraction of the moving water amplified its size? Didn't think so. I thought sharks that large stayed away from the surf. Guess not!

The last one is a dolphin...it should be obvious, if you look at the tail.

As for the moose..I live in Canada...we do see those every day. :p

Toirtis is right, I did some research in hopes to find the video rubysoho was talking about and I found something saying it was a dolphin and not a shark... and yes, if you look closely at the tail you can see the difference

but for the sake of craziness, I will pretend its a shark =o)

Toirtis said:
The last one is a dolphin...it should be obvious, if you look at the tail.

That is a rather large dolphin,no? I did take a close look at the tail and thought it was a vertical tail, was I wrong? It was kind of blurry, but I suppose a shark that size would have a much larger, prominent, vertical tail. And that would fit with large sharks staying out of the surf, while dolphins like to play in the surf?

Dolphin or not, I would have had to go ashore and change my wetsuit!

Funny... I've seen those last 2 pictures before, but I just saw them again last night posted on one of my professor's door at school. hah. Coincidence? :roll:

Regardless... very cool stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom